Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-26-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 11 of 126

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

2018-04-26, 21:13 PM

My play is separating haven't had it a year yet! So disappointed! I raved it was way better than Apple boy was I wrong!!! I have All the moto mods for it too ! Now I've got to start over again with a new brand! I'm so effing frustrated! Motorola really let me DOWN!!!!!

Options

5 Posts

06-13-2018

United States of America

8 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 12 of 126

2018-06-13, 13:52 PM

The screen lifted (swollen battery) out on my orginal Moto Z Play after about 8 months. I sent it back and they replaced it with a different phone, which is now my current phone. Now this one has the screen lifting out after 6 months. It's crazy a phone treated with care should last several years.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 13 of 126

2018-06-13, 18:30 PM

Hi thejbills,

Thanks for sharing and sorry to know about that. I couldn't say for sure what would be the root cause of this but if that is the case, then it should need to be checked by our technicians to repair/replace the phone. I would suggest contacting us to check your warranty repair. Here's the contact link. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

06-13-2018

United States of America

8 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 14 of 126

2018-06-19, 13:56 PM

Hi Agent_Rich,

Thanks for the advice. I have now contacted that warranty/repair team. They did not want to honor my phone warranty. I guess that's because I bought the original phone over a year ago. However, the phone that I'm using is much less than a year old (the replacement phone). I can understand that the team thinks they have fulfilled the warranty, but the way that I see it and I'm sure every other customer with this problem is that this is a serious phone defect that should be addressed. If a well treated phone repeatedly breaks in the same fashion within 6 - 8 months that is not acceptable.

Is there something I should do, or you can help me to do to get this less than a year old phone fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Options

1 Posts

06-27-2018

Canada

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 15 of 126

2018-06-27, 0:27 AM
  • I called and asked if I could get my phone with a screen that is now popping up fixed, and was first asked if the battery was swollen and then finally told that since it was no longer under warranty I would have to call the repair center to get it fixed without receiving a replacement phone.  My problem is if it is a swelling battery or even just the glue there is a certain expectation of longevity of life to a product such as a fridge ,TV or even cellphone glue to a screen, or battery not swelling, especially when the owner has purchased a durable hard case and takes care of his phone.  I was a huge fan of moto z but we judge our friends and family by how they treat us in a time of need or when they know their wrong.
Options

3 Posts

07-17-2018

India

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 16 of 126

2018-07-17, 10:02 AM

Same problem happening with my Z Play also. I've used it for 14 months well without any problem. But far last 1 month, facing issues like battery drains very fast and lagging(both of which were never a case earlier) and on top of this screen is bulging out. I have once dropped it 9 months ago and that too from the bed hight. But there was no issue till the last month when I noticed that screen is getting separated from the frame.

I loved the phone throughout the time and it's quiet disappointing now to see such wear outs on this kind of powerful built by Lenovo-Moto.

Is there any support/remedy to this?

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 17 of 126

2018-07-17, 18:28 PM

Hi PuneetA,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. Please do send us a sample photo of the screen lift, it will help us investigate. And send us an email at 
Apsocial@motorola.com with your contact info, IMEI, and the picture. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2018

India

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 18 of 126

2018-07-19, 11:47 AM

Please find snaps of screen separation.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 19 of 126

2018-07-20, 17:54 PM

Hi PuneetA,

Thanks for posting. I see the screenshot, it looks like it needs a repair. I would suggest sending the phone for repair, you can check the options here. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 20 of 126

2018-07-23, 15:05 PM

I've just noticed my device doing the same about a day or two ago. God knows how long it could have been doing this... By next month I've would have had this device for 2 years. Which is unacceptable that the warranty is only a year, and for this to be a common problem.

Mysister has the same device, and her's is doing the same, but not nearly as bad as mine. Mine isn't nearly as bad as a few on here, but none the less you can tell it's the battery swelling. The left side of my screen used to have some give when pressed down, now it won't even budge downwards when pressure is put on it.

I've gotten mine through Verizon (Droid), and is insured. Which means, they'll cover warranty defects beyond the one year date of purchase, but annoyingly (also understandably) needs to be evaluated for physical abuse... Which is all so subjective... I can already tell this is going to take more effort than it should, and none of this should be happening not even 2 years owing the device, let alone 6 years afterwards...

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms