Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dkh1
What's DOS?
Views: 412
Message 51 of 62

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

My phone is doing the same Verizon made me pay $149 I've only had my phone for maybe max 6 months have had it in a case they sold me and have never dropped it the only way it works is having it plugged in to a power source 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 386
Message 52 of 62

Hi Dkh1,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. I'd like to confirm, are we talking about your replacement phone which is having this issue? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Kosty
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 53 of 62

Verizon store visit gave me this opinion:

Leaving the phone plugged in too long makes it overheat, and should only be plugged in for about 2 hours to recharge.

It's also a problem to leave Moto mod battery set to keep internal battery at 100% for the same reason 

It seems like it's a known problem that should prompt a customer notification.

LnkWizard
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 54 of 62

I am suffering from the same problem of the screen lifting away from the case.  This has happened twice although the first phone had been dropped about two feet onto a padded carpet prior to the sceen lifting up.  The second phone had not been dropped and had only been in use for about 6 months.  I am very disappointed with Motorola as this appears to be an ongoing problem.  I have been associated with Motorola products for close to 40 years and normally your products are the top of the line but it seems someone has slipped a bit with this device.  Since this one is now out of warranty I have replaced it with a phone from another manufacturer.

Insanesajii
What's DOS?
Views: 332
Message 55 of 62

Honestly I cannot believe that this hasn't been recalled all the cases of this happening from what I've gathered because of overheating issues or the battery getting too hot because they were playing a game or their phone was left on or even just talking on the phone for a longer than an hour... What kind of phone can't withstand hours of usage?.. 

It just doemdoe make sense that they haven't recalled the phones and fixed this issue with the battery. . .

My phone also has an OtterBox, so I haven't noticed the bulging of the battery until today when I opened it up to put in a magnet for handsfree car vent holder... It's more severe then most the pictures I saw on here. And I'm really worried that the phone isgoing to explode on me, literally like in my face or something ...

But I saw that fallout 76 actually had lawyers teaming up on them because they haven't fixed the issues with the game, and they are knowingly ignoring requests for help. Refusing to be able to do anything .About. It. 

So what I'm suggesting now, is if they don't replace or fix those of us with this issue, which honestly is dangerous for us...then we should start a class action against them.. there enough of us having the same issue, that even after they knew about it they're not willing to fix or replace the phones, which if anything ever we're to happen as a result.. that person can sue them . . . Why are they willing to take these risks? I don't understand. Think they can afford to fix this battery issue for good...

Anyone else with me on this? 

Tim_Steinkamp
What's DOS?
Views: 279
Message 56 of 62

My screen has been lifting for a year but so did both of my moto x phones. I replaced both batteries in them but they were old batteries manufactured the same time the phone came out. The cases could not be sealed and the replacement batteries also started expanding. I suppose it is my fault for not always using an approved USB charger or having it sit on my dash in the sun.

I imagine any batteries I will find for the z will be old batteries taken out of phones or left over from the original manufaturing date. In other words over 2 years old. My screen is over 1/2 inch off on the left side and only attached on the right side but it still works for playing music and google maps. I leave it plugged in all the time because I like the clock feature when it is charging which I guess is a no-no.

The danger of the battery exploding is a concern I have had lately and the potential run away thermal reaction of the lithium battery. I'm talking burning down my house or car here. My first phone was a moto razer flip phone that is sitting in my drawer after using it 5 years. After reviewing this thread I will not get it fixed and I will show it to anyone that wants to see the quality of motorola lenova products. I never purchased any mods either. The highly rated pixel 3 may be my next purchase. This is also a second phone number for me.

Jsonic
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 57 of 62

I would also like to add that my Moto Z Play has this same problem. I went back and forth with support and got no real help at all replacing the device. I sent photos that made it perfectly clear that it was in good condition, never been dropped yet the screen was lifting from the fram for no reason. I've since gave up on it and moved on to the Moto Z2 Play and it's starting to do the same dam thing! I bought the Moto Z Play through Bestbuy... I Bought the Moto Z2 Play directly from Motorola's site! Why does this keep happening!? Back when my Moto Z Play started doing this, I couldn't find any topics on the issue. I took it Cracked Wireless to see if they could repair the screen issue only to have them look it over and conclude that they couldn't repair it because they believed the cause was the battery swelling behind the display. I've taken excelent care of both phones yet they are just falling apart anyway... I own 5 Moto Mods and I really don't want to give up the money and ability to use them because I can't trust the phones to stay in one piece. I'm already facing 2 deal breakers with the Moto Z3 lineup and now I can't trust it not to fall apart the same way the Z and Z2 have for me so far.

UnckeMike
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 58 of 62

This evening my Z Play Droid experienced the "Magic screen lift".

It's always either in my hand or in a Case brand belt holster.

It's never been dropped or rough housed.

The screen is lifted so much that I can see the swollen battery under the screen.

Until I can get a straight answer from either Motorola, or Verizon I'm goint to keep the *removed* thing in a glass bowel in the bathtub.

I've seen the damage that can be done when faulty Lithium batteries burst.

I'm apalled that Motorola/Lenovo has been aware of this issue and has never issued a warning to the owners of the faulty phones.

I've had my phone since Oct of 2017 and according to the Motorola Support site it's no longer under warranty.

This is my fifth Motorola cell phone and the first one to cause be a problem.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

LolliSwankette
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 59 of 62

Spoiler

I just noticed my phone doing the same thing. I was lying in bed playing games when I noticed the edge felt different. It seems after reading this (and other threads) that whether not people have dropped their phones is a moot point. Several individuals have stated they haven't, yet their screens are still pulling away. It would be like Jeep trying to imply that if you ever drove 1 mile over the speed limit, that would be the reason for their gas tanks exploding. No. Moto/Lenovo wanted a battery that could tolerate the battery drain that the mods cause, now those batteries are failing CAUSING the screen issue. As someone else stated, this is a potential injury (not to mention possible loss of personal property) waiting to happen. My grandbaby loves music, and I will often use my phone to play it for him. Go ahead Moto, try and tell me it's perfectly safe to have this phone anywhere near him. Step up and fix YOUR mistake.
Highlighted
chasu2
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 60 of 62

My motor 2 play is doing the same thing my wifes motoz droid did the same thing this is a  problem for all the phone are you going to do something about it?

Top Kudoed Authors