Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasijess
What's DOS?
Views: 649
Message 61 of 96

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

Did anyone get assistance for this?  Did anyone have issues with their phone?

chasu2
What's DOS?
Views: 647
Message 62 of 96

No one got assistance with this matter and my phone which is the motoz2 play and my wife's which is a motoz play both screens have lifted off.

Highlighted
cmg1963
Paper Tape
Views: 576
Message 63 of 96

Your battery is swelling. Get to Verizon and make them replace it. We had one do the same thing. I was told it is dangerous by the Verizon person that waited on me. They replaced it under the extended warranty.
cmg1963
Paper Tape
Views: 575
Message 64 of 96

They also told us to not leave it charging as the battery can explode.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 529
Message 65 of 96

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to help. Sorry to know about this, but this is already a hardware failure. We recommending sending the phone for repair/replacement. Here's the link for the online repair you will see the options and submit it for repair. Let me know if you have a question. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

UnckeMike
Paper Tape
Views: 511
Message 66 of 96

The last time I tried this I was quoted a price of more than $100.00 USD for the repairs.

This is a failure of the power supply that is, as far as I'm concerned. a failure on the part of Motorola/Lenovo to properly investigate the capabilities of their componamts.

The results of the failure are total loss of the integrity of the componant case and a dangerous expansion of the Lithium battery which could result in a fire or explosion if the device were to be placed in a charging mode.

I was a Certified ISO / TS 16949 / QS 9000. Auditor for an international electronics assembly company (Siemens) for several years and such failures are always treated as a product design failure and the corrections were made without charge to the customers.

It's too bad that Lenovo doesn't adhere to such standards.

MorrisGuy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 463
Message 67 of 96

My phone is having the same problem with the screen lifting from the top left corner. I noticed this around the same time my battery started messing up (for example, my phone randomly jumps to 0%, from any percentage.) I saw another comment that mentioned something about the battery "swelling". Is that what could be the cause?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 459
Message 68 of 96

@MorrisGuy wrote:

My phone is having the same problem with the screen lifting from the top left corner. I noticed this around the same time my battery started messing up (for example, my phone randomly jumps to 0%, from any percentage.) I saw another comment that mentioned something about the battery "swelling". Is that what could be the cause?

If you are having those kinds of battery issues and the screen is lifting at the same time, then yes it does sound like a swelling battery.  Which is not good.  A replacement is the only option if the battery is swelling and pushing the screen outward.  If that is the case.  Is it still under warranty?

~Scott
chasu2
What's DOS?
Views: 440
Message 69 of 96

Everyone that is having this problem needs to call the U.S. attorney general and file a complaint against Motorola.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 435
Message 70 of 96

I feel bad for everyone that has this issue.  I have had phones die / fail within warranty and outside of the warranty.  I know it's not a good feeling.  But if the phone is outside the 12 month warranty, what good is contacting a lawyer?  If your car breaks down outside of the manufacturer warranty, do you call a lawyer?  Again, I feel bad for everyone that has these battery & screen problems.  But phones come with a 12 month warranty.  There isn't much we can do when they fail after that, except get a new phone.  I'm also frustrated with ALL cell phone battery manufacturers these days.  It seems like all cell phone batteries are not designed to last as long as they used to.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors