Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narosenberg
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 81 of 96

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

Can't disagree.  All I'm saying is that, knowing that the phones have this problem, how can it be avoided?  Not defending the poor design AT ALL!

The Z Play is the best phone (other than the battery issue) that I've owned, I'm in a probably small set of users who actually likes the fingerprint reader on the front.

Kosty
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 82 of 96

Overcharging can only be due to either a faulty design it a faulty charger. Mine failed repeatedly with the factory charger.

1. They have a design or component problems.

2. I have the battery pack, so it will take longer to charge both batteries.

3. I used the bumper guard, which insulates the metal rim.

Since getting rid of the protective bumper guard I have had no problems, and now I can leave my phone on a charger for days.

They need to fix the charging so it won't overheat, which makes it hot and causes battery to swell.

craigles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 336
Message 83 of 96

Mine is doing the same.Smiley Mad

Has there been any instances of the battery bursting?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 318
Message 84 of 96

Hello craigles,

A swollen battery is not a safety issue. It is rare but typically occurs only on older batteries, and there is no danger from high heat, etc. If your phone is in warranty when it happens, it is fully covered.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

SZR1
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 85 of 96

Hey agent_rich,

How long is the warranty on battery? 

How come so many people have same problem? 

I had to replace a year old (about 14 month old ) z2 I replaced with z3 , for full price , in fact I had to pay off my z2 which was garbage... The only reason I bought the z3 , is because I have the modes that I invested lots of $$ into . 

I was told by Verizon that battery was no good ... And yet you design it with wireless charging mode which I believe is slowly charging, safe way no ?  , which is the only way I charged nightly for about 6 hours at night. FYI, Phone is draining daily to %10-25 . 

I have been a loyal customer to Motorola for decades. Next phone will probably not be a Motorola unless your company wakes up and start taking care of customers like me ! 

UnckeMike
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 86 of 96

Your analysis seems to contradict the warnings of many Lithium battery experts.

There are too many to list so a Google search of this inquiry  "Are swollen lithium batteries dangerous" will yield hundreds of examples and warnings concerning the dangers of swollen Lithium batteries.

My experience is almost identical to that described by SZR1 in his/her previous post.

I had to pay off my worthless Motorola Z Play in order to get a replacement from Verizon.

If the new phone doesn't provide stellar service I'll be looking at a Samsung replacement even though I've owned six Motorola cell phone over the years.

lvr211
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 87 of 96

I have the same problem. THis has to be a defect. I have insurance and verizon just told me 99 dollars to replace. They have to be kidding me! phone is only 2 years old!

Highlighted
SZR1
Paper Tape
Views: 256
Message 88 of 96

Verizon wanted to charge me for the repair, so I switched to different Currier. It cost me almost the same , still had to pay off the broken defective phone. I only got another Moto z3 because I wanted to easily recover all the information and still use the modes I bought for lots of $$$. Next time I'm probably take the loss and find a different brand that backs their products...

Fight Verizon , maybe you get lucky...

craigles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 211
Message 89 of 96

Was my last post deleted? I'm not seeing it...

Tim_Steinkamp
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 90 of 96

I see your post from 7-26, in fact you were replied to by a moto employee. I believe it is on the top of page 9.

My phone battery got so large I felt a fool to let it go so went on to Ifixit.com and found they have a deal to replace the battery for $40 yourself which includes the tools. Unfortunately they have no batteries. Check Ebay and they have them for $10. I had a torx #3 from my moto-x battery replacement and after watching their video on Youtube took out the battery. My phone still worked at the time even with the screen hanging on by a little glue. The screen has two cable connections. Check the repair video and you will see it is a glued up piece of sh**. You could get your money out of it but I haven't bought a battery yet, they start at $9 with free shipping. My camera glass on the back had broken right in the center and all it takes to replace is some heat and pop out the old and put in a new which is another $10 cost I think. For a $10 battery I'm not throwing it away and I'm not going to worry about pretty. They do have a special glue sheet but it does not make it waterproof and if the battery expands again it may be better to keep it together with a rubber band  or maybe a couple clothes pins. Smiley Happy

Harbor Freight has a torx #3 in a set for $5 of course it is cheap, just be careful not to strip the heads so you can unplug and plug in the new battery. Some said they had a torx #4 for their phone. Just be careful, there are 5 screws I believe.

Top Kudoed Authors