Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 501
Message 91 of 103

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

Tim,

If your are referring to my post asking about reports of batteries bursting, that wasn't it. I recommended CPR (Cell Phone Repair) to get the battery replaced and the post disappearred. I think the mods deleted it but no one is owning up. Pretty chicken $h!t.

amywd27
Paper Tape
Views: 454
Message 92 of 103

My Moto Z play screen is lifting away from the frame.  It's not even paid off yet.  Will Motorola fix this?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 449
Message 93 of 103

@amywd27 wrote:

My Moto Z play screen is lifting away from the frame.  It's not even paid off yet.  Will Motorola fix this?

The monthly payments you are making are completely seperate and different than the 12 month warranty that comes with the phone.  If the phone is still within warranty, then the repair should be free (I doubt a Moto Z Play from 2016 is still in warranty though).  Otherwise there is a repair fee for a screen replacement, but you have to start the repair process to see the prices.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

~Scott
tmo77
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 94 of 103

So I have this problem and decided to Google it and found this thread...wow...I don't know what's more disturbing..a company employee saying a swollen battery isn't a safety concern or all of these Motorola customers having this problem and the company isn't fixing it..I have had this phone for almost 2 years now and it's been a great phone up until yesterday when this happened... Sad that the company won't address it... It seems like it should be a recall type situation

TxDoc
Punch Card
Views: 402
Message 95 of 103

I've had to Motorola OEM batteries replaced.

Master2873
SCSI Port
Views: 354
Message 96 of 103

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hello craigles,

A swollen battery is not a safety issue. It is rare but typically occurs only on older batteries, and there is no danger from high heat, etc. If your phone is in warranty when it happens, it is fully covered.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Umm... A swollen battery is very much a safety concern... I guess a loaded gun with the safety off in your pocket isn't one either with your logic... It would be not only in your best interest, but everyone else's as well, that you do not spread misinformation, which is also causing safety issues for many users who believe your wildly ignorant statement. Batteries in general are dangerous (just look to Samsung with the old notes catching fire), and a battery can, and will explode, especially when it comes into contact with excessive heat, or damage. A battery that exploded can, and will cause harm to the user. Even more so, since its most basic function requires you to hold it up to your head. You might as well shoot a bottle rocket into your ear/face. Nevermind the chemicals in the liquid in the battery itself are harmful. If a AA battery could cause harm, what makes you think that high capacity Lithium Ion battery won't?

Edit: Here check this out. You think fires are not a safety concern?

https://youtu.be/SMy2_qNO2Y0

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Draj1
Punch Card
Views: 105
Message 97 of 103

Hii..

@motohelp...

I have had moto z play since May 2017 (just over two years).  I recently noticed that screen is lifting off from both sides and also the battery draining so fast..

I am so worried about lifing of screen..Please help to fix the problem on utmost priority...

Draj

Highlighted
craigles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 98
Message 98 of 103

Draj1,

You battery is swelling. Take your phone to a cell phone repair shop to get the battery replaced.  I took mine to CPR (Cell Phone Repair) and had them replace my battery. It cost about 60 bucks, parts and labor.

Tim_Steinkamp
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 99 of 103

I ordered one on ebay for $10. I also had to get a battery for my Netgear ATT cell hotspot. It was swelling and the back of the unit would not attach. It was also $10. I haven't used my moto z because I need the glue for the screen but the netgear battery works fine. I also bought a moto x battery for $10. So far no swelling.

Draj1
Punch Card
Views: 59
Message 100 of 103

Hi...@Agent_Rich

Pls provide solution....

Draj1

@Draj1 wrote:

Hii..

@motohelp...

I have had moto z play since May 2017 (just over two years).  I recently noticed that screen is lifting off from both sides and also the battery draining so fast..

I am so worried about lifing of screen..Please help to fix the problem on utmost priority...

Draj

Top Kudoed Authors