Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeyL
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,593
Message 1 of 62

Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

Hello all, 

I've been using my Moto Z Play daily since early April, and I've noticed the screen is lifting from the frame. While this hasn't effected the functionality of the phone, I concerned it may grow worse over time. I want to send my phone in for repair, but with this be covered by standard warranty? 

The screen is lifting on the left side of the device when held. I've never tried removing the screen myself and the screen has never been removed. The screen looks like it's bulging out, starting at the top corner and ending at the bottom corner. The screen has lifted enough to fit a fingernail between the screen and frame at the center, and when trying to push the screen back into position the adhesive does not hold.

Can anyone tell me if Motorola will repair this defect, and if I have to pay how much it may be? I did not purchase any extended warranty, and my carrier is Verizon. 

Thanks 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,371
Message 2 of 62

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

Hi JoeyL

I understand that you are concerned but may I ask, has the phone been dropped? I am afraid  that it may be considered as physical damage tht may void the device's warranty. But can you send us a photo of the device so we can evaluate it here on our end?

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

JoeyL
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,358
Message 3 of 62

@Moto_Ella wrote:

Hi JoeyL

I understand that you are concerned but may I ask, has the phone been dropped? I am afraid  that it may be considered as physical damage tht may void the device's warranty. But can you send us a photo of the device so we can evaluate it here on our end?

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Hello, 

I've taken a few pictures; you can see the adhesive webbed between the frame and screen. I have dropped the device once before but I have included a photo of that damaged as well- it's not near where the screen is lifting. There are slight dents on the bottom edge were the phone was dropped onto gravel. However, my concern is that since the screen is remaining away from the frame, the battery might be bulging and pushing it away. 

IMG952017112895174814.jpg

IMG952017112895174750.jpg

Thanks

sunakata
Punch Card
Views: 8,353
Message 4 of 62

Have the same happen -- had my phone for about a year, not sure how long it's been going on as a lot of this was / is covered by my bumper case. Just filed a RMA; there was some back and forth about physical damage but seeing that I actually haven't dropped the phone (well, on the bed maybe), the screen is completely fine other than that it's bulging etc. customer service agreed to exchange under warranty. Though now I'm wondering if this is a general problem and I'll have the same issue again in a few months Smiley Sad It's a bummer, I really, really like this phone...

Good luck!

Buckeyejackie
Paper Tape
Views: 8,105
Message 5 of 62

My screen is lifting on both sides.  Phone has never been dropped.  My phone is 14 months old.  After a call to my carrier, who said they checked with Motorola for known issues, there was nothing that could be done.  Extremely frustrating.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,065
Message 6 of 62

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for sharing this with us. I understand how frustrating it may be but you can go ahead and submit your phone for a replacement. You may check for option through this link.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Jimwe
Paper Tape
Views: 7,623
Message 7 of 62

Good morning Ella.  I have the same problem with my Moto Z Play., It is 15 months old and very disappointing.  I opened a ticket and was told it has physical damage.  It has never been dropped.  I am attaching a couple of pictures.

Thanks,

Jim Weaver

Jimwe
Paper Tape
Views: 7,616
Message 8 of 62

ssbaudio
SCSI Port
Views: 7,590
Message 9 of 62

sharath1989
Paper Tape
Views: 7,113
Message 10 of 62

I own a Moto G 3rd Generation they're not same but some things are same like we are been given with non removable batteries.. Even i have got the same problem I've show it at service centre what i came to know is it's battery is been swelling and it's pushing the screen off.. Maybe your phone has the same problem ask them once..
Top Kudoed Authors