Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samuraik5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 236
Message 1 of 11

Z2 Play Signal strength drops in 4G mode

Hi, Z2 Play Signal strength drops in 4G mode, all the time, at all places Signal strength is low in 4G mode regardless of the Network carrier and place. If we switch to 3G mode, Signal strength is Full and perfect. Problem is poor signal reception in 4G mode only.

I even tried swapping of different Network Carriers and also from Sim 1 to Sim 2 and Vice versa.   My phone is running on Android 8.0, it's a brand new mobile and problem is from day 1 itself. 

Please find the attached Screenshot. Plz let me know the Solution.

Warm Regards,

Skumar, India

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 217
Message 2 of 11

Re: Z2 Play Signal strength drops in 4G mode

Hi Samuraik5,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. Are you having any network issues aside from the signal bar dropping when set to 4G? Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Samuraik5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 196
Message 3 of 11

Apart from Signal strength fluctuation, I have no other major problems except "Once, at one instance, I missed 3 calls and I came to know that via Missed call alert SMS's albeit I was in a good Signal reception area itself(I'm not in an Elevator or cellar) & some times I feel like less internet speed

I just updated my Profile, I just turned on Motorola Privacy & Enchanced device support to ON, and Sure you can look at my Apps and I believe those may not be a issue as 'Very less apps and reputed apps only I installed as usual which I was using in my earlier phones'

FYI: I attached the Screenshot shot showing, When I select to 3G or 2G mode signal strength is full and perfect. Also, yesterday I updated to latest Build number Android Security patch level 1 October 2018, but it didn't help any too.

Thanks and Regards..

Highlighted
Samuraik5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 116
Message 4 of 11

Hi, Any update regarding solution to my problem? Plz advise..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 109
Message 5 of 11

Hi Samuraik5,

Thanks for getting back. May I know what's your carrier? Also, can you send me the screenshot of your signal strength when the sim is in 4G mode? Just go to Settings > System > About Phone > Status > SIM Status > Signal Strength.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Samuraik5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 105
Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Now I'm using Idea carrier, but all other Network Carrier Sims also I have tried, and all are as same weak Signal strength in 4G mode. Plz see the Screenshot attached.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 68
Message 7 of 11

Hi Samuraik5,

Thank you for the screenshot. The signal strength seems normal for 4G network. The strength actually depends on the tower, we can't compare it with the signal strength when you set the phone to 3G. Both 3G and 4G has individual signal strength based on your location. You might have a stronger signal for 3G than 4G. Can you please try using the same SIM card on a different phone, check the signal strength again and compare it with the signal strength you provided me. Let me know. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Samuraik5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 56
Message 8 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Plz see the attached snapshot of Same SIM Card, Same Location but on different phone. FYI: It's a Vivo Y53, Network mode selected in '4G/3G/2G Auto mode'

Regards..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 37
Message 9 of 11

Hi Samuraik5,

Thanks for trying. I'll escalate this to this my team, but I won't guarantee for any feedback. I'll keep you updated though. I know I asked this on my previous post, but I'd like to confirm, do you have any other issues aside from the signal? Are you experiencing data issues, messaging, etc?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Samuraik5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 33
Message 10 of 11

Hi,

Sometimes the Signal completely drops for a couple of seconds and it will restore automatically and I will see a Notification bar message "New Sim card detected, click for settings" like that. 

Plz see the Screenshot attached, suddenly Signal got disappeared and came again.

As I said, the only problem is Huge persistent unstable/ Fluctuating Signal in only 4G mode regardless of Network carrier/Location. Plz let me know if it might be a Software or Hardware issue.

Thanks and Regards..

Top Kudoed Authors