Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SgtPeppa
Paper Tape
Views: 7,469
Message 1 of 151

Z2 Play, sound lowers on its own.

Hi there.  This is going to be my last attempt at finding a solution to my sound problem before I have to move on from Moto.

I got a Z2 Play on the 24th of Feb.  From day one I have had this issue with the sound lowering on its own and will not increase volume unless I relaunch the app.  It happens in the majority of my apps, YouTube, Netflix, chrome, Play music.  When the sound lowers the volume bar is still maxed out.  I have tried deleting the cache partition?, Wiping the phone and using it as factory mode.  I turned off audio effects in Play music.  I shut off my notifications from peeking the screen and making sounds ( this would often trigger it).  I have swapped the phone out for a new Z2.  I'm not sure what else I can do here.  This feels software to me.  I can't find anything else that may be affecting it.  Please help.  If I can't fix it today, it's going back to Virgin and I'm switching to Samsung.

Clwilliamsme
Paper Tape
Views: 7,296
Message 2 of 151

Re: Z2 Play, sound lowers on its own.

Hi I'm having the same problem with Z2 play. Did you find away to fix this issue

SgtPeppa
Paper Tape
Views: 7,273
Message 3 of 151

No, sorry.  I tried everything.  I'm really bummed but I had to switch to an A5 and give up my mods 😣

GerryAC
What's DOS?
Views: 7,230
Message 4 of 151

I have the same issue, the only solution for this was go the menu and select the option help have a ? sign then click en solve problem with a tool like icon, hadware test and you can see the sound ins the first option, begin test so the audio should be up. This works for a short time you have to do it the necessary times. I hope I've helped

Regards!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,179
Message 5 of 151

Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I would suggest we first try to boot the device into safemode to make sure that this is not caused by a third party application. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Clwilliamsme
Paper Tape
Views: 7,147
Message 6 of 151

Ok thanks I will try it now

DinhoJunior
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,049
Message 7 of 151

I have the same problem. Can you solve it?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,032
Message 8 of 151

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for keeping us posted. May we know if it does happen after receiving a notification while using those apps or is it just random? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

DinhoJunior
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,026
Message 9 of 151

I did some tests. Two tirdy party applications (Es File Explorer and Reprodutor de Música) and in both cases the sounds goes down after +-30 min as written at this issue.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,019
Message 10 of 151

Hi DinhoJunior,

Thanks for the response. Is it possible for you to send us a sample sound? It will help us in diagnosing the issue.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors