03-04-2018 10:23 AM - edited 03-04-2018 10:25 AM
Hi there. This is going to be my last attempt at finding a solution to my sound problem before I have to move on from Moto.
I got a Z2 Play on the 24th of Feb. From day one I have had this issue with the sound lowering on its own and will not increase volume unless I relaunch the app. It happens in the majority of my apps, YouTube, Netflix, chrome, Play music. When the sound lowers the volume bar is still maxed out. I have tried deleting the cache partition?, Wiping the phone and using it as factory mode. I turned off audio effects in Play music. I shut off my notifications from peeking the screen and making sounds ( this would often trigger it). I have swapped the phone out for a new Z2. I'm not sure what else I can do here. This feels software to me. I can't find anything else that may be affecting it. Please help. If I can't fix it today, it's going back to Virgin and I'm switching to Samsung.
03-07-2018 07:26 AM
I have the same issue, the only solution for this was go the menu and select the option help have a ? sign then click en solve problem with a tool like icon, hadware test and you can see the sound ins the first option, begin test so the audio should be up. This works for a short time you have to do it the necessary times. I hope I've helped
03-14-2018 09:29 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this. I would suggest we first try to boot the device into safemode to make sure that this is not caused by a third party application. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.
*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
04-05-2018 07:45 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted. May we know if it does happen after receiving a notification while using those apps or is it just random?