Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
D34dpool
Punch Card
Views: 12,914
Message 1 of 224

Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

I have this phone for 3 months and I enjoy it, but since 2 or 3 weeks my phone just shuts down or restarts for no reason. Everytime I have more than 30% of battery so it isn't it. Today I was calling my friend, I switched to speaker mode and my phone shut down. The other time I was just playing a game on my phone and all of a sudden it shut down as well. I don't know where is the problem. I have the latest software.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,476
Message 2 of 224

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

Hi D34dpool

May I ask what happened before the issue start? I suggest calibrating the battery and see if it helps. Hold power button until device reboots. Upon reboot plug into the charger. Allow phone to charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. let me know how it goes. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Harsha24
What's DOS?
Views: 12,310
Message 3 of 224

Moto z2 play reboots automatically

My MotoZ2 play reboots automatically and then takes a little longer than usual to reboot.

I don't have any antivirus app or launcher which may mess with the software.

Even though the phone reboots, it doesn't. I am saying this cause the apps remain open.

fparejo
Paper Tape
Views: 12,290
Message 4 of 224

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

me too

fparejo
Paper Tape
Views: 12,289
Message 5 of 224

D34dpool
Punch Card
Views: 12,291
Message 6 of 224

It was okay for a couple of weeks but suddenly the issue came back. Now my screen usually goes black, with everything working (sound, or button) and I have to restart my phone. Last time it took around 5 minutes to boot up. Can you please help me to get off that issue, because I have to restart my phone usually once per day. It happens randomly, last time I was talking on Messenger with my friend and screen went black and only option to get it working is to restart the phone. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,256
Message 7 of 224

Hi Harsha24 & fparejo

It is sad to hear that you have encountered such concern, but let me help. May I ask when and what happened before it start? How often does it reboot? Can you go to Settings > Storage > Internal storage > cached data.? You may also try booting it into safe mode. Let me know how it goes. 

Would you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Please check the link and update your profile here.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,281
Message 8 of 224

@D34dpool wrote:

It was okay for a couple of weeks but suddenly the issue came back. Now my screen usually goes black, with everything working (sound, or button) and I have to restart my phone. Last time it took around 5 minutes to boot up. Can you please help me to get off that issue, because I have to restart my phone usually once per day. It happens randomly, last time I was talking on Messenger with my friend and screen went black and only option to get it working is to restart the phone. 

Hi D34dpool

It really must have been hard for the phone to act up but let me see what I can do. May I ask what happened before the issue recur? Has the phone been updated recently? Please try booting your phone into safe mode and clearing cached data as well. Go to Settings > Storage > Internal storage > cached data. Let me know how it goes. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? Click on this link.

- Ella

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,246
Message 9 of 224

Hi, All.

We are sorry to hear about that, could you help narrow does the issues:

1. How often does this happen?

2. Does this happen when you use any specific application/settings?

3. From when did this start? 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if this helps?

Have you also, tried doing a clear cache partition and see if it may help.

Meanwhile, would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Please check the link and update your profile here.

Thanks,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
D34dpool
Punch Card
Views: 12,250
Message 10 of 224

I've updated my profile
Top Kudoed Authors