Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,445
Message 21 of 224

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

I did calibrating once, will do calibrating few more times too... And will come back with result.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,416
Message 22 of 224

Sure, you can let us know how it goes? We appreciate it.
-Swaraj
If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Bigwow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,388
Message 23 of 224

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

I have this problem too. 

got in the car today, used voice to text in Chrome to get directions to doc appointment, map came up, I began driving, phone rebooted. 

had to go through Google to restart. 

Not a Google problem. 

two or three other times my phone has randomly restarted. I haven't touched the home button (have finger print security), have not been doing anything on any apps, it just reboots. 

many apps on the 2ndary home screens disappear, all in the vault below, and can 'restore' them, but, 

troubling, frustrating. 

I actually love this phone when it's working. 

Help!!!!! 

AnnaK
Paper Tape
Views: 1,383
Message 24 of 224

So, I'm from brazil and there almost 50 people, we have a facebook group, having the same problem with their moto z2 play, so we are not alone and everyone around the world are having the same problem. I'm going to reach out for warranty, but I'm very disappointed in myself for not having searched more about the phone in forums because there are complains about this issue since august from last year and lenovo does nothing to solve this issue. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,371
Message 25 of 224

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

@Bigwow wrote:

I have this problem too. 

got in the car today, used voice to text in Chrome to get directions to doc appointment, map came up, I began driving, phone rebooted. 

had to go through Google to restart. 

Not a Google problem. 

two or three other times my phone has randomly restarted. I haven't touched the home button (have finger print security), have not been doing anything on any apps, it just reboots. 

many apps on the 2ndary home screens disappear, all in the vault below, and can 'restore' them, but, 

troubling, frustrating. 

I actually love this phone when it's working. 

Help!!!!! 

Sorry to hear about that, let me try to help you. We would need more information on this to further evaluate-

• How often does this happen in a day?
  • As you have already confirmed, this happens even when your phone is idle and while you trying to unlock it, right?
  • Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Please let us know if this occurs in safe mode too?

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Highlighted
Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,361
Message 26 of 224

Yes Brother, Lots of people are facing this issue...10 out of 1000 may come to post about this in this forum. I started calibrating my Battery - The Main issue is Battery I'm sure of whenever the phones battery is around 40 % this issue can come. Yesterday too faced this problem. When a incoming was coming I touched Finger print sensor phone rebooted😫 & Battey percentage became 10%. @Moto_Swaraj Have u guys Intimidate d about this Issue to Higher Authorities...Wat is their stand about this.We need a solution. This is an Awesome Phone...I love the design features Mods... But This Issue Kills the Golden Goose. Plz do the needful.
RichardHudson82
What's DOS?
Views: 1,366
Message 27 of 224

I got my 1st z2 Play in November.  From day 1 it randomly rebooted several times a day.  I reset the firmware, factory reset the phone, started in safe mode etc but it didn't fix the issue.  My service provider gave me a NEW z2 as I had only had it for a month.  Its now February and my new z2 has the same issue and has done since I received it.

This is now with my service providers repair team, but I will not be keeping the  Motorola, I have asked for a different handset as a  replacement.

There are only so many resets a man can take while trying to carry out basic tasks.  Even resetting when taking the handset off of charge a couple of times.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,231
Message 29 of 224

@Sajinz85wrote:
@yes Brother, Lots of people are facing this issue...10 out of 1000 may come to post about this in this forum. I started calibrating my Battery - The Main issue is Battery I'm sure of whenever the phones battery is around 40 % this issue can come. Yesterday too faced this problem. When a incoming was coming I touched Finger print sensor phone rebooted😫 & Battey percentage became 10%. @moto_Swaraj Have u guys Intimidate d about this Issue to Higher Authorities...Wat is their stand about this.We need a solution. This is an Awesome Phone...I love the design features Mods... But This Issue Kills the Golden Goose. Plz do the needful.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We just wanted to confirm if this happens most of the time when your device is near 40% as an average? 

• Could you let us know if this occurs when you get a call or you touch the fingerprint?
  • Does this happen if your device is idle?
  • Does this occur in safe mode too while you or on 40% charge?
  • How often do you get this?

However, we have shared the details with our concerned team for further investigation. We might need more information on this probably a Bug report- will keep you posted. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,225
Message 30 of 224

I would say this happened most of the time when battery was less than 60% . Whenever my phone had issues I took screenshots of battery & I am attaching that along. Didn't try in safe mode. Most of the time it happened when I receive a call or while toucung Finger print sensor when Phone comes. At times phone switched off when I tried to access msg received when I was using Whatsapp. I'm doing battery calibration Keeping battery charged More than 100% 2 time's I faced the issue then also when battery percentage was less than 50% .Worried as warranty is expiring in few months See the Screenshots
Top Kudoed Authors