Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haleybarb
Paper Tape
Views: 866
Message 211 of 224

Motorola Z2 play keeps randomly shutting down

Really starting to get fed up with this Motorola Z2 Play. Will it ever make up is mind on when it decides to shut down because of a low battery? Is it 68%, 39%, 35% or 9%? Phone isn't even 2 years old. 2nd Motorla phone that has let me down. Was otherwise Happy with everything else.

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 835
Message 212 of 224

Re: Motorola Z2 play keeps randomly shutting down

Just a check here...do you have a microSD storage card in the phone? 

If it is removed, and you run the phone for a few days, does this issue stop? Marginal microSD cards can make any phone have random restart problems regardless of manufacturer. Eliminate that as a possible root cause first.

Haleybarb
Paper Tape
Views: 832
Message 213 of 224

I'll check and give it a try!

Thanks

rootslap
Paper Tape
Views: 711
Message 214 of 224

I am having the same issue as described. I have plenty of battery life (80%) and the phone will completely shut down. Then it will attempt to reboot itself unsuccessfully 3 - 5 times, eventually it will actually fully boot up again.

Then it is completely randowm as to how long/what action will cause it to shut itself down.

It started 2 days ago and is not happening constantly, within the past hour it has shut itself down about 10 times.

The phone is less then 2 years old has never sustained any drop or water damage.

I do not have, nor have I ever installed a microsd

I did a factory reset today and the behaviour continues.

I have booted into recovery mode and cleared cache partition, this did not resolve the problem.

rootslap
Paper Tape
Views: 709
Message 215 of 224

Correction to above

"It started 2 days ago and is not happening constantly, within the past hour it has shut itself down about 10 times."

was meant to be

"It started 2 days ago and *IS* happening constantly, within the past hour it has shut itself down about 10 times."

mrnobody023
Fanfold Paper
Views: 631
Message 216 of 224

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

Having major issues also, phone will just shut off for no reason and takes about 3 mins to reboot, battery today was around 83% when it happened and when it rebooted the battery was 63% how does that happen??? It also happened in safe mode, i also have been calibrating the battery like i've seen in other threads but still having issues, i've been a motorola fan for years but something has to be done about this phone either come up with a fix or i'll have to switch to brand x and never come back, **bleep** IS GOING ON MOTO!!!

Highlighted
jeffishere
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 217 of 224

I fixed mine,  I traded it in for a Samsung S9+

Cristiano76
Punch Card
Views: 622
Message 218 of 224

do you know what is really funny? my girlfriend has an moto g5+, 2 of my old chromecast 2 and she also runs netfNet with my account. at least 1-2 times a day, i need to wipe all Netflix data, in order to connect with chromecast again (otherwise, it keeps trying). her router is the same one that i have. i have problems with Netflix, she doesn't. make it immune to battery optimization doesn't fix that. full wipe the phone, also don't. but if by any chance i run Netflix with my old phone, no problem at all

Netflix problem, right? are you really serious about that? i know that this phone will someday be updated. by now, i just hope that this time, someone test it also an smartphone, not just as an thing to make phone calls (that no one does anymore)

chamba
Blue Screen Again
Views: 326
Message 219 of 224

Phone shutdowns randomly

I have the same problem, phone restarts out of nowhere and battery is almost dead on restart.

I have noticed that this problem gets even worse during video playback as If hit the volume button my changes of getting my phone restarted go sky high.

These problems seems to be related to software updates, please provide a fix for this.

65620223_689908161481849_132496829093773312_n.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 305
Message 220 of 224

Re: Phone shutdowns randomly

Hi chamba,

There are troubleshooting steps provided on this thread, Have you tried and followed those? What have you done so far to troubleshoot this? Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors