Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knormyn
Paper Tape
Views: 2,831
Message 11 of 224

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

I purchased a Z play last year and had the reboot problem and noone could assist, so I exchanged it for a LG phone. Never had the issue again. This year I needed a new phone and on 1/13/2018 I purchased the Z2 Play. On 1/15/2018 it started rebooting 4 times in less than 24 hrs. I need this to stop!!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,798
Message 12 of 224

@Knormyn wrote:

I purchased a Z play last year and had the reboot problem and noone could assist, so I exchanged it for a LG phone. Never had the issue again. This year I needed a new phone and on 1/13/2018 I purchased the Z2 Play. On 1/15/2018 it started rebooting 4 times in less than 24 hrs. I need this to stop!!!

Hi, Knormyn.

We are sorry to hear about that, It really must have been hard for the phone to act up but let me see what I can do. May I ask what happened before the issue reoccur? Has the phone been updated recently? Please try booting your phone into safe mode and check if this is an app issue? 

You can also perform a clear cache, when you perform a clear cache it will remove any temporary files that may be causing a problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

To perform a wipe cache partition:

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  4. Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
  5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Please let us how it goes?

Thanks,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
GabriQ
Punch Card
Views: 2,733
Message 13 of 224

I have the same problem. It is happening mostly when i'm playing youtube videos.

The phone is cold when it restart, so i dont think this is happening because of overheating...

darel919
Paper Tape
Views: 2,716
Message 14 of 224

My phone (Z2 Play) starts doing this too, I just bought it early January 2018, and starting two or one week ago, it started doing this, the screen suddenly went black, but other stuff like sound etc, is normal.. If i try double twisting the phone and press the volume button, there's the camera shutter sound and it captures photo but on the display there's nothing.. and after a few seconds it will reboot itself but usually this takes very long, unlike normal reboot. I've tried clearing my cache but still doesn't work.. I think it's because the last software update (NPSS26.118-19-18) because before that i don't have any problems.. Oh yea, and after the device started doing it's reboot thing, the battery will jump from like example from 30% to 12%.. It's just happened to me a few minutes ago..WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 5.35.12 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 5.35.13 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 5.35.14 PM.jpeg

AnnaK
Paper Tape
Views: 2,695
Message 15 of 224

I came here to complain too! I bought on October 17' and within the month my phone shut down twice, but both times I thought it was battery and battery life was declining after updating, so I did the wipe cache thing, but suddenly after months it's doing it again. Today it shut down 12 times when I was doing completely different stuff. It's so annoying that I'm considering seeking for warranty assistance. Has Motorola solved this issue? 

Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,678
Message 16 of 224

@D34dpool I thought only i was having his Problem.

Bought this Moto Z2Play 5 months back...Loved it Mod n all Features. But from past 3 weks it is giving problems. Before also in these 5 months phone turned off ( Maybe a in total of 7 Times - I neglected ).

But its randomly restarting. The Different occasions it restarted im listing belwo:

1. When phone call comes after 2 approx 2 rings phne restarts

2. When a sms comes and at same time mail comes.

3. While putting phone on loud Speaker after 30 sec phones restarts.

4. When battery is approx 30% randomly shutdowns & after restarting Battery is 9%. Thsi random battery percentage down problem has happned many times,

Last week took phone to Authorized Service centre & They said Moto z2play till now they didnt face any battey issues anyway they updated to the latest software they have. Thought Problem is solved. But NO - Still restarting...

Im fed up now @ @

Attaching below yesterdays random Battery down Status.

Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,671
Message 17 of 224

https://imgur.com/a/Fqv9Screenshot_20180205-120305.png

Again Issue... Cudnt attend some Important Call.. bcoz of Sudden Restarting Cat Frustrated

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,650
Message 18 of 224

Hi, All.

We are sorry to hear about the battery issues, we appreciate your feedback. Could you all try to calibrate your battery first bit.ly/2lo1l3j  >If the issue persists please let us know.

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
D34dpool
Punch Card
Views: 2,648
Message 19 of 224

I have done battery calibrating 3 times or so. It helped only temporarily.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,631
Message 20 of 224

@D34dpool wrote:

I have done battery calibrating 3 times or so. It helped only temporarily.

Hi, D34dpool.

Great, please be informed that this will need a couple of battery cycles to get back to normal. Would suggest you do this at least twice a week.

Meanwhile, we want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors