Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ferin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 675
Message 91 of 224

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

Hi,

I bought my Z2 Play 4 weeks ago, firstly it was ok, but after some time, lets say two weeks, it's gone crazy. I like it but it becomes

so frustrating to use. I have above mentioned by others problems, it's getting worse when battery is below 50%. "Normaly" it just quits app i'm using but below 50% it shuts down completetly. It happens almost every time i use this app for few times, after few quits it settles down a bit and then i can use it.

So far i've tried wiping cache, mentioned in some post in this thread. I don't know how to log bugs, i'll appreciate some guidance. I'm not sure if this will be of any help, but i think it was working ok before i started updating it with all those security updates. Maybe that's only coincidance, do not know. Apart from thatanother problem is that when i was trying to register my mobile on your website/system it did NOT recognize my both IMEIs.

Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 640
Message 92 of 224

3 weeks back went to showroom to get it repaired as it was restaring even aftrer 1st reset, on that i reseted my phone myself and cudnt give in service centre as i was busy... Interestingly till now i didnt face the issue, Im watching streaming getting calsat less battery percentage also...( will confirm few more times & get back ). 

Cristiano76
Punch Card
Views: 635
Message 93 of 224

i must say that i'm ashamed of myself after buy z2 play. i had an moto x play, that was already old and after got his update to android 7, started reboot alone. i've understud that this was due his age and ordered an z2 play. this one is by far, a lot worst than moto x play: it reboots and freezes apps all the time. waze? i've tried travel with it some time ago and before even leave my city, it froze. not only one time, but at least five times. that doesn't sound something that was tested at all, it sounds as an very bad joke. worst: somehow, certain app issues seems related to doze mode. waze lasts a lot longer, if the user sets it to not be optimized. with that, waze lasts about 2 hours, then play services crashes and stays on top of waze and then you loose your map. seriously, the interminable reboots are endless. leave the phone alone in your desk: it will reboot. after one reboot, a lot of times it reboots again. doesn't look like hardware fault, i've tested it. doesn't look like it's related to an app that i've installed (tried that too). trully, i'm ashamed. i've ordered an phone advertised as 4gb of RAM and it has in fact 3.6. after some reading, someone said that the software doesn't need to be x64, because x64 is about more than 4gb ram. seriously? and the roadmap of google about that, no one ever bothered to read?

seriously, i'm waiting to see if oreo will break this phone apart or at least will fix some of it. right now, it's shame on me. will not be it an 3rd time 

Ferin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 594
Message 94 of 224

Is there any software/info how to backup device and restor it to state it was when i bought it? 

Melmcg33
Blue Screen Again
Views: 583
Message 95 of 224

Moto Z2 Play Restarts Itself

Hi,

I got this phone 4 days ago and already it has restarted itself 6 times.  When it restarts I have been doing the below:

• Clicked into Chrome
  • Clicked into snapchat
  • Clicked onto camera
  • Middle of texting on whatsapp
  • Unlocked phone and hadn't got a chance to do anything else
  • Clicked on screen but hadn't unlocked

Is anyone able to advise if they've had this and how they fixed it?  It takes that long to restart so it is such a pain!

IMEI number is [Removed](incase Motorola need this).

Thanks,

Melmcg33

Edited for site rule violation - Privacy. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) You -Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 566
Message 96 of 224

Re: Moto Z2 Play Restarts Itself

Hi, Melmcg33.

We are sorry to hear about the ongoing issue that you have been facing, this is strange-- could you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Cristiano76
Punch Card
Views: 560
Message 97 of 224

seriously, in the same day that i've wrote my previews post, i was at the supermarked and through whatsapp, i've send an photo to ask if an certain brand was ok. what i've got? instant reboot, 30min or so waiting to see if this phone was able to boot again. all that it got was reboot over reboot, for a lot of time, draining about 20% of my battery in the process. no one in the entire planet is able to even begin to explain to me that this phone was tested before sell it. this one was, with android 7.1.1, the worst phone that i ever got into my hands. at night, when casting netflix to chromecast, same reboot. after that, it got android 8. seems stable so far. a few issues that i don't like (aka the percentage of battery at the side of it, instead inside the icon of the battery, like it was), but i can live with it. but seriously, this kind of behavior isn't what i expect from an brand like motorola. this is the behavior that i expect, from burner phones, but neither them have the very, very poor testing that this one got before sell it. worst: for how long this behavior was happening? the time to fix it isn't acceptable at all. the level of stability of android 7.1.1 with this phone doesn't seems more than an very crude alpha software. this kind of software never, never should reach customers. this isn't acceptable, that's it, plain and simple

but 2 days running android 8 and so far, not an single one reboot. a few issues, like lack of permission to write on sd card, but this is fixable with an simple configuration and give documents the right to write on sd card did the trick (it doesn't have that right by default), but that's it. still more testing are needed, just to be sure that the eternal reboot of this phone was solved

Melmcg33
Blue Screen Again
Views: 540
Message 98 of 224

Re: Moto Z2 Play Restarts Itself

@swaraj

The issue happens randomly so am I expected to sit in safe mode for a full day to see? I can see these same questions were asked to people back in 2017. Why do you need every customer to do it? Surely by now you know the issue and how to fix it? If not then should be retracting these phones.

heyimvini
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 99 of 224

Just got the Android 8.0 update, let's see if anything changes.

By the way, I lost the Google Assistant animation in the navigation bar, and it seems to be moving a bit to the left of the screen. This is not bothering me because I activated the 1-button-navigation, but I'd kike to have the Assistant animation back.

Yours Sincerely, Vinicius.

SvetP
Paper Tape
Views: 499
Message 100 of 224

That's very well said! My phone is for 3rd and I hope last RMA and it get refunded.. no more motorola ever! Shame.

Top Kudoed Authors