Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvetP
Paper Tape
Views: 1,086
Message 31 of 221

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

Hi All, have same problem here. Great phone, I love it, however its very very very annoying. Its restarting randomly.. can't find any pattern, or what is inducing it. Would like to get some help. Today, just now, I have 7 restarts in a row.. and still can't get it working. Restarted spontaneously at around ~40% of the battery.. was reading website.. did the cache wipe advise, not helping.. still contiue to restart after it loads the initial screen.. So Moto Agents I need your advise what do? Where should I claim warranty? Thank you! 8th restart.... nothing is helping.. 

Bigwow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,066
Message 32 of 221

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

To swarajs question re rebooting without wanting too.

1. has not done an automatic and unrequested reboot since I did the latest system update...has Moto/Lenovo finally figured out this problem with resulting solution?

So can't answer how many times it did it prior to the update.

And have not had to test in safe mode as a result....yeah for that...

2. I can assure others that it was not an apparent battery or memory issue. My battery rarely is under 60 percent, and right now memory is at 60 percent empty...

3. Phone still freeze when certain apps a re used. 100 percent of the time with Facebook...and others...

Other than that, phone has been working well with the new update....

Comments on the freezing?

Otherwise, thanks

Warren

Leight2121
What's DOS?
Views: 1,029
Message 33 of 221

OK I have discovered how my phone restarts, seeing as how it has done it three times this morning same way each time. If I'm using the phone and don't touch the screen for the amount of time it takes for it to fade out and then press the home button or the power button immediately after it fades out, the phone restarts itself. Please help me solve this problems!! 

Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,014
Message 34 of 221

Yes..excatly... I too have experienced similar didnt know how to explain it clearly. My phone rebooted in same way.

laventine
Fanfold Paper
Views: 990
Message 35 of 221

Sorry to jump on the thread but im having the same rebooting issue on my Z2 Play.  Random reboots all around 40%, 30%, 20% battery.  Sometimes when calling, receiving a call, facebook, youtube, screen rotate.  Always comes back on.  

Followed most of the advice found on here (battery recalibration, safe mode etc.)  I eventually sent the phone back for repair, a week later I get the handset back but still has the rebooting issue. 

If I keep the battery above 50% I have a decent phone! Smiley Happy

SvetP
Paper Tape
Views: 979
Message 36 of 221

I think I resolved my problem...

After I finally sucessfully booted the phone(connecting the charger helped), I removed my micro SD card. Since then, no reboots of any kind.

I will continue to monitor and in case there is random reboot I will update the community.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 975
Message 37 of 221

@Leight2121wrote:

OK I have discovered how my phone restarts, seeing as how it has done it three times this morning same way each time. If I'm using the phone and don't touch the screen for the amount of time it takes for it to fade out and then press the home button or the power button immediately after it fades out, the phone restarts itself. Please help me solve this problems!! 

Sorry to hear about that, please let us know if the problem still persists in safe mode? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Leight2121
What's DOS?
Views: 955
Message 38 of 221

Alright I went into safe mode and let the screen fade a few times immeditly hitting the home or power button to see if it would trigger a reboot. No luck. Went out of safe mode and was able to let it fade and then hit the home or power button and it would reboot itself.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 934
Message 39 of 221

@Leight2121wrote:

Alright I went into safe mode and let the screen fade a few times immeditly hitting the home or power button to see if it would trigger a reboot. No luck. Went out of safe mode and was able to let it fade and then hit the home or power button and it would reboot itself.

Thank you for trying, as you confirmed that the restart issues are not there in safe mode, it looks like the third-party apps are the culprit. Try removing the recently downloaded apps and observe. Remove the app, which is causing an error, you should be good to go.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 918
Message 40 of 221

@laventinewrote:

Sorry to jump on the thread but im having the same rebooting issue on my Z2 Play.  Random reboots all around 40%, 30%, 20% battery.  Sometimes when calling, receiving a call, facebook, youtube, screen rotate.  Always comes back on.  

Followed most of the advice found on here (battery recalibration, safe mode etc.)  I eventually sent the phone back for repair, a week later I get the handset back but still has the rebooting issue. 

If I keep the battery above 50% I have a decent phone! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about that, as you have tried all the steps and gone through repair and yet facing the issues, in this case, would suggest you perform FDR without restoring any apps and observe it for a while if that makes any difference. If not repair/service/replacement would be the next option.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors