Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sajinz85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 981
Message 41 of 221

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

For past 3 weeks i was keeping my battery percenatge above 40% sometimes it wud go to 15- 23% but didnt face any issue. Like u said it was a behaving good. Today morning my battery was 100% (kept for 2-3 hours more for battery calibrating).

Received a call now... after 3 rings phone Switched Off Cat Frustrated AAarrghh...

This time batery was 80% and was down to 20% after reboot.

https://imgur.com/a/p7yF2

Leight2121
What's DOS?
Views: 963
Message 42 of 221

Now somtimes when the phone starts back up it says that facebook messanger has stopped running. Could it be facebook messenger?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 961
Message 43 of 221

@Sajinz85wrote:

For past 3 weeks i was keeping my battery percenatge above 40% sometimes it wud go to 15- 23% but didnt face any issue. Like u said it was a behaving good. Today morning my battery was 100% (kept for 2-3 hours more for battery calibrating).

Received a call now... after 3 rings phone Switched Off Cat Frustrated AAarrghh...

This time batery was 80% and was down to 20% after reboot.

https://imgur.com/a/p7yF2

You can write us at supportforums@motorola.com --with more details so that one of our team can get in touch with you and help you accordingly.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 960
Message 44 of 221

@Leight2121wrote:
Now somtimes when the phone starts back up it says that facebook messanger has stopped running. Could it be facebook messenger?

Yes, it is possible, you can always check in safe mode and observe it for a little longer to see if it is really an app issue, next clearing cache/data would do the trick.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

heyimvini
Paper Tape
Views: 863
Message 45 of 221

I've had a Moto Z2 Play for 7 months (since 08/01/17) and some of the problems are disturbing me. I haven't gone to any Moto shop yet because I live in a school, fairly far from my hometown, and I can't leave often, but I'm worried about it getting worse after the warranty ends.

Usually, when I record a snap after some time of constant use or listening to Spotify, it shuts down. When I turn it back on, the opened apps are still opened on background and the battery percentage is lower, which stays the same for a long time (e.g. it turns off with 60% and back on with 30%, after a few hours of use, it's still at 30%). This doesn't happen only when recording snaps, but in random moments as well.

Also, the battery sometimes doesn't charge properly. The phone gets overheated (it's not a common Turbo Power heating) and the battery remains at the same percentage. In other occasions, it takes way longer than 2 hours to get from 0 to 100 while using both the original charger and usb cable.

(I'm using Nova Launcher only, not any other performance-stressing apps, I don't think it is the problem because of all the other situations I've seen)

Hope you can help me, I'll post on my country's (Brazil) forum later on. Thank you.

kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 817
Message 46 of 221

I too have the same issue, the phone is just 10 days, and noticed that the phone is restarted automatically, I have noticed that it restarted once when I open camera application, also noticed that it restarts when we unlock the phone/open notifications, etc. As advised by the technical team, I have done the factory reset, after an hour of the reset, moto restarted. Any suggesstions !!??

tistef
Paper Tape
Views: 764
Message 47 of 221

Hello,

I am living in china, and having similar issue on the chinese ZUI OS. it shutdown randomly twice in 3h today.

i am posting feedback's each and every time but seems useless, even so i leave my contact info nobody ever contacted me.

it is much more frequent when battery is around 40%.

the phone is nice but this issue is really anoying, my wife complain about my phone.

i noticed that there is no firmware update since last october.

regards.

kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 714
Message 48 of 221

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

This happpens when the batter is between 78 and 81 %. 

NonaZag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 699
Message 49 of 221

Hello. I have the same problem as many of you.  The phone restarts without any reason : neither is overheaten , nor is  with low battery percantage. I have read most of the comments, but I don't know how to reach this Safe Mode. When I hold the Shut down Button , the only options I have are : 1. Shut down  and 2. Restart.

Could you please help me, because it is realy annoying and I hope with this Safe Mode it gets better.

SvetP
Paper Tape
Views: 667
Message 50 of 221

After many attempts to resolve the issue - 3 factory resets, 0 new apps, battery always fully loaded... i decided that it just won't work for me and returned the phone. Will see what motorola will say. Right now I'm disappointed with this phone as it was very nice, except this problem, which however is major flaw and is useless in such conditions.

Motorola, its really shame that you haven't responded properly on so many users request.

Top Kudoed Authors