Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 632
Message 51 of 221

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

@heyimviniwrote:

I've had a Moto Z2 Play for 7 months (since 08/01/17) and some of the problems are disturbing me. I haven't gone to any Moto shop yet because I live in a school, fairly far from my hometown, and I can't leave often, but I'm worried about it getting worse after the warranty ends.

Usually, when I record a snap after some time of constant use or listening to Spotify, it shuts down. When I turn it back on, the opened apps are still opened on background and the battery percentage is lower, which stays the same for a long time (e.g. it turns off with 60% and back on with 30%, after a few hours of use, it's still at 30%). This doesn't happen only when recording snaps, but in random moments as well.

Also, the battery sometimes doesn't charge properly. The phone gets overheated (it's not a common Turbo Power heating) and the battery remains at the same percentage. In other occasions, it takes way longer than 2 hours to get from 0 to 100 while using both the original charger and usb cable.

(I'm using Nova Launcher only, not any other performance-stressing apps, I don't think it is the problem because of all the other situations I've seen)

Hope you can help me, I'll post on my country's (Brazil) forum later on. Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues that you are facing, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if that makes any difference? And please share us the battery graph.

With the issue that you have mentioned, please calibrate your device battery and observe it for a while.

1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
  2. Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
  3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge till 100% and leave it for additional few hours,
  4. Repete the steps 1,2,3 observe for a while and let us know how it goes?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 629
Message 52 of 221

@kvsanjuwrote:

I too have the same issue, the phone is just 10 days, and noticed that the phone is restarted automatically, I have noticed that it restarted once when I open camera application, also noticed that it restarts when we unlock the phone/open notifications, etc. As advised by the technical team, I have done the factory reset, after an hour of the reset, moto restarted. Any suggesstions !!??

Sorry to hear about that, I understand you have already performed FDR--- could you also please confirm if you have performed FDR without restoring any apps?

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 629
Message 53 of 221

@tistefwrote:

Hello,

I am living in china, and having similar issue on the chinese ZUI OS. it shutdown randomly twice in 3h today.

i am posting feedback's each and every time but seems useless, even so i leave my contact info nobody ever contacted me.

it is much more frequent when battery is around 40%.

the phone is nice but this issue is really anoying, my wife complain about my phone.

i noticed that there is no firmware update since last october.

regards.

We are sorry to hear about that and delay, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Also, could you please perform clear cache partition on your device-- here is the link and let us know if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 631
Message 54 of 221

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

@kvsanjuwrote:

This happpens when the batter is between 78 and 81 %. 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? let us know if the issue still persists in safe mode?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 628
Message 55 of 221

@NonaZagwrote:

Hello. I have the same problem as many of you.  The phone restarts without any reason : neither is overheaten , nor is  with low battery percantage. I have read most of the comments, but I don't know how to reach this Safe Mode. When I hold the Shut down Button , the only options I have are : 1. Shut down  and 2. Restart.

Could you please help me, because it is realy annoying and I hope with this Safe Mode it gets better.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues --- here is how you can go to safe mode, To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up and click. Observe your device for a while and let us know if that makes any difference. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 624
Message 56 of 221

@SvetPwrote:

After many attempts to resolve the issue - 3 factory resets, 0 new apps, battery always fully loaded... i decided that it just won't work for me and returned the phone. Will see what motorola will say. Right now I'm disappointed with this phone as it was very nice, except this problem, which however is major flaw and is useless in such conditions.

Motorola, its really shame that you haven't responded properly on so many users request.

Sorry about your device restarting issues and delay, looking at your case it looks like a bad battery and the only option I would have suggested is service/repair as you have already tried FDR without restoring any apps. We understand that you have already submitted your device, however, you can write us an email at supportforums@motorola.com for us to further look into the same and escalate accordingly.

Thanks,

-Swaraj 

kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 617
Message 57 of 221

Sure you a can access and see if the cause is due to an application.

Already my details are updated. 

kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 599
Message 58 of 221

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? let us know if the issue still persists in safe mode?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 586
Message 59 of 221

@kvsanjuwrote:

Could you still confirm if you have tested your device in safe mode? Does your device reboot in safe mode? Meanwhile, let me check and get back to you.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 578
Message 60 of 221

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

Thanks,

Swaraj

Yes , last Saturday I have tried safemode. The device restated few minutes back.

Top Kudoed Authors