Senior MotoAgent
Views: 648
Message 61 of 224

Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

@kvsanjuwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

This happpens when the batter is between 78 and 81 %. 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? let us know if the issue still persists in safe mode?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

Swaraj

Sure you a can access and see if the cause is due to an application.

Already my details are updated. 

Yes , last Saturday I have tried safemode. The device restated few minutes back.

@kvsanjuwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? let us know if the issue still persists in safe mode?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Yes , last Saturday I have tried safemode. The device restated few minutes back.

Thank you for the prompt response, if the frequency of restart on your device is same on safe mode then we would like to request you to perform FDR without restoring any apps and observe it for a while? Could you also confirm if this happens randomly at any battery percentage? 

As looking at your serial number, I do see that there are few apps such as ( WhatsApp, Idfc bank app, and Facebook) causing a constant crash on your device.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 644
Message 62 of 224

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

Thanks,

Swaraj

@kvsanjuwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

Thanks,

Swaraj

Thank you for the prompt response, if the frequency of restart on your device is same on safe mode then we would like to request you to perform FDR without restoring any apps and observe it for a while? Could you also confirm if this happens randomly at any battery percentage? 

As looking at your serial number, I do see that there are few apps such as ( WhatsApp, Idfc bank app, and Facebook) causing a constant crash on your device.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

I have done that too, however, the device restarted when there are no applications in it.

By monitoring for the past few weeks, I have observed that the device restarts when the battery level reaches 80%, however for the past 3 days it came down to  77 or 78%. 

The device is 25 days old and only one day it operated without restarting.

GabriQ
Punch Card
Views: 638
Message 63 of 224

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

My Moto Z2 Play self restarts in this scenario: battery is below 50%  and I play YouTube videos. The screen goes blank and after 10-15 seconds phone restart. This is happening ONLY when I play YoTube videos and it is happening multiple times. It can restarts at 45%, then again at 32%, at 21% again, at 15% again...10%...and so on.

I have already tried factory restart 2 times, battery calibration, wipe cache partition, clear cache for Yotube app and remove updates.

Battery life is great, so i do not think it is a bad battery. If i do not use Youtube, my phone is great.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 615
Message 64 of 224

@GabriQwrote:

My Moto Z2 Play self restarts in this scenario: battery is below 50%  and I play YouTube videos. The screen goes blank and after 10-15 seconds phone restart. This is happening ONLY when I play YoTube videos and it is happening multiple times. It can restarts at 45%, then again at 32%, at 21% again, at 15% again...10%...and so on.

I have already tried factory restart 2 times, battery calibration, wipe cache partition, clear cache for Yotube app and remove updates.

Battery life is great, so i do not think it is a bad battery. If i do not use Youtube, my phone is great.

This is strange if you have already tried clear data/cache and forces stop on youtube app and yet facing issues, we would like to get a Bug report for further investigation. 

In the meantime, we would request you to contact the youtube support and let us know what they say about it? Looks like there is some glitch in the new version of youtube you have installed. You can also try uninstalling any update and test.

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 613
Message 65 of 224

Hi, kvsanju.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair/replace is the next step so that repair engineer could examine your unit and provide a proper resolution. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

kvsanju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 605
Message 66 of 224

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

Hi, kvsanju.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair/replace is the next step so that repair engineer could examine your unit and provide a proper resolution. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

I have read in the Motorola support forums, many device owners were saying that the device started to experience the same restarting, after a week they receive from the service centre. Is it advisable to give a brand new device to the service centre?

NonaZag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 560
Message 67 of 224

Hello again,

I finally found the Safe mode, I tried it but it didn't fix the problem.

I also tried to left the phone on 0% battery and so on (as you described in the comment above) But again that was not the solutions for the problem.

What would be the next step ? Obviously you know about the problem for 6 months, or may be more but there is not any official solution of it. What we do, when for example I go to the store, where I have bought my phone, they give me another one and the problem appears by the second phone too ?? It is really really anoying when your phone turns off und restarts for 3 times a day ..

I was very happy and satisfied when I bought it but now I am not sure that I feel the same way right now.

I am looking forward to hearing something new about the problem and this will fix it.

BR,

Nona

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 536
Message 68 of 224

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

Hi, kvsanju.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

I have read in the Motorola support forums, many device owners were saying that the device started to experience the same restarting, after a week they receive from the service centre. Is it advisable to give a brand new device to the service centre?

Sorry about the experience, please send your device for service/repair and write us at supportforums@motorola.com so that we can escalate this further.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 532
Message 69 of 224

@NonaZagwrote:

Hello again,

I finally found the Safe mode, I tried it but it didn't fix the problem.

I also tried to left the phone on 0% battery and so on (as you described in the comment above) But again that was not the solutions for the problem.

What would be the next step ? Obviously you know about the problem for 6 months, or may be more but there is not any official solution of it. What we do, when for example I go to the store, where I have bought my phone, they give me another one and the problem appears by the second phone too ?? It is really really anoying when your phone turns off und restarts for 3 times a day ..

I was very happy and satisfied when I bought it but now I am not sure that I feel the same way right now.

I am looking forward to hearing something new about the problem and this will fix it.

BR,

Nona

Thank you for testing in safe mode, could you please confirm if your device restarted in safe mode or not? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy is on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

GabriQ
Punch Card
Views: 484
Message 70 of 224

38% battery. I was browsing the XDA website with Chrome.

Here is the bug report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vJ44vJuh1RHgcoJcCkLdCmYfbxXMpNlt/view?usp=drivesdk

Top Kudoed Authors