Re: Moto z2 play reboots automatically

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@kvsanju wrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

This happpens when the batter is between 78 and 81 %. 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? let us know if the issue still persists in safe mode?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

Swaraj

Sure you a can access and see if the cause is due to an application.

Already my details are updated. 

Yes , last Saturday I have tried safemode. The device restated few minutes back.

@kvsanjuwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@kvsanjuwrote:

This happpens when the batter is between 78 and 81 %. 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? let us know if the issue still persists in safe mode?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Sure you a can access and see if the cause is due to an application.

Already my details are updated. 

Yes , last Saturday I have tried safemode. The device restated few minutes back.

Thank you for the prompt response, if the frequency of restart on your device is same on safe mode then we would like to request you to perform FDR without restoring any apps and observe it for a while? Could you also confirm if this happens randomly at any battery percentage? 

As looking at your serial number, I do see that there are few apps such as ( WhatsApp, Idfc bank app, and Facebook) causing a constant crash on your device.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

I have done that too, however, the device restarted when there are no applications in it.

By monitoring for the past few weeks, I have observed that the device restarts when the battery level reaches 80%, however for the past 3 days it came down to  77 or 78%. 

The device is 25 days old and only one day it operated without restarting.

Thank you for confirming, If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Since the counts are increasing, I guess the issue is in the firmware itself that is incompatible with the hardware, which triggers the system to restart, when it meets some condition, especially some sensors. I won't go for a service now as many users are experiencing the same issue even after the repair, shall wait for your next firmware update to come in, which I believe that will fix this issue, if your engineers are really working on this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 652
Message 82 of 221

Re: Z2 play self restarts and shut downs

@NonaZag wrote:

Yes, in safe mode the problem still continues

Thank you for confirmation, have you also tried performing FDR with out restoring any apps and observed? If not, please perform and let us know how it goes? Kindly share us a Bug Report after the issue occurs. However, please be informed that we have already reported the same. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 653
Message 83 of 221

Kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

NonaZag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 582
Message 84 of 221

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Irr6vSqMIUITElFZ00D191y8r_20jrw0/view?usp=drivesdk

Any apps weren't open ( only Whats App may be )
The browser Google Chrome was opened,I was researching in the net.
The battery was on 30%
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 574
Message 85 of 221

@NonaZag wrote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Irr6vSqMIUITElFZ00D191y8r_20jrw0/view?usp=drivesdk

Any apps weren't open ( only Whats App may be )
The browser Google Chrome was opened,I was researching in the net.
The battery was on 30%

Thank you for sharing us the Bug Report, we will have this reported to our engineer team for further investigation in regards to the same. We will get in touch with you if we need more information. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

deco88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 553
Message 86 of 221

Z2 Play restarts randomly

Hi,

I bought this phone just 2 months ago, but since a couple of weeks is randomly restarting (3-4 times/day) with no apparent reason. Sometimes happens while i simply use the camera, other times with apps like facebook, Netflix and so on.... Any help for this?

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 516
Message 87 of 221

Re: Z2 Play restarts randomly

@deco88 wrote:

Hi,

I bought this phone just 2 months ago, but since a couple of weeks is randomly restarting (3-4 times/day) with no apparent reason. Sometimes happens while i simply use the camera, other times with apps like facebook, Netflix and so on.... Any help for this?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if the device still reboots in safe mode and if yes-- when?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with a carrier, - this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

deco88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 507
Message 88 of 221

Re: Z2 Play restarts randomly

Hi Swaraj,

Thank you for your reply. I will try the safe mode on my device as you suggested and will keep you posted on what i get.

In the meantime, i have updated my profile and i can confirm that is totally fine by me if you have a look at my apps.

Thank you for your help

GabriQ
Punch Card
Views: 460
Message 89 of 221

Another bug report...39% battery, watching Youtube videos... screen goes blank, self restart. It drives me crazy 😑😑😑

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAHUSPOnphlYMFsvyob8DLU_e-2dW-X0/view?usp=drivesdk

NonaZag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 414
Message 90 of 221

Hello. Do you have already a decision about the problem ???? It is getting even worse.. it it restarting for may be 4 or 5 times a day !!!! What should I do now ???!!!! Throw my phone or what ??!!

Top Kudoed Authors