Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

08-04-2017

Canada

20 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 1 of 2

"Okay Google" prefixes the search with "Okay"

2017-08-04, 2:10 AM

Purchased the phone last month and after all the updates to 7.0 and now to 7.1.1 it does the same thing.

When I say "Okay Google" almost all the time it precedes the search with "okay" then what I said.

So if I say "Okay Google" "I love Motorola" it shows "okay I love Motorola".  And in fact, if I go "Okay Google" and wait a moment it shows "okay" (see screen shot). Sometimes it cleans it up - so if I go OKAY GOOGLE it shows "okay" then I say "what time is it" it shows [okay what time is it] then quickly removes "okay' and shows [what time is it] --- and performs the "what time is it" search and returns the information and says it.

It does not do this if I press the microphone. I used Android 4.#.# prior (SammySung S3) and it never did this. I have deleted and retrained the voice - to no avail. Puzzling.

99.99% I am sure this is Android - yet I cannot find anyone else complaining. (Then again OKAY GOOGLE is becoming difficult to debug via searches - sort of like Outlook and even Microsoft Office - I can't figure out how to form a question that yields what I want and all the results are people's problems that have nothing to do with what I am asking about). Windows 10 Creator upgrade screwed up the scaling of the ALT+TAB preview - I spent a long time and went through many Google search pages until I found ONE other person commenting on the same thing. 

But with so many users using Android ... I cannot believe I would be the only one. Anyahoo - a few times it screws up the search but it appears to generally work even if OKAY is inserted - but just annoying nonetheless.

belly

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: "Okay Google" prefixes the search with "Okay"

2017-08-04, 16:53 PM

wrote:

Purchased the phone last month and after all the updates to 7.0 and now to 7.1.1 it does the same thing.

When I say "Okay Google" almost all the time it precedes the search with "okay" then what I said.

So if I say "Okay Google" "I love Motorola" it shows "okay I love Motorola".  And in fact, if I go "Okay Google" and wait a moment it shows "okay" (see screen shot). Sometimes it cleans it up - so if I go OKAY GOOGLE it shows "okay" then I say "what time is it" it shows [okay what time is it] then quickly removes "okay' and shows [what time is it] --- and performs the "what time is it" search and returns the information and says it.

It does not do this if I press the microphone. I used Android 4.#.# prior (SammySung S3) and it never did this. I have deleted and retrained the voice - to no avail. Puzzling.

99.99% I am sure this is Android - yet I cannot find anyone else complaining. (Then again OKAY GOOGLE is becoming difficult to debug via searches - sort of like Outlook and even Microsoft Office - I can't figure out how to form a question that yields what I want and all the results are people's problems that have nothing to do with what I am asking about). Windows 10 Creator upgrade screwed up the scaling of the ALT+TAB preview - I spent a long time and went through many Google search pages until I found ONE other person commenting on the same thing. 

But with so many users using Android ... I cannot believe I would be the only one. Anyahoo - a few times it screws up the search but it appears to generally work even if OKAY is inserted - but just annoying nonetheless.

belly

Hi bellyman69

I tried it here on our phones and it was working fine with "okay Google" and then my next phrase. You can try clearing its cache: Settings > Apps > Google > Storage > Clear Cache. 

But since you mentioned that the phone has been updated, you might also try clear cache partition. Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms