Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybot
Punch Card
Views: 1,085
Message 1 of 4

Active display not pulsating

Hi all,

I come from moto x's and one of the features of the moto phones I cant live without is the active display.  I just picked up a moto z.  Active display has obviosly been updated as it displays a little different now.  Ive noticed that its not pulsating when I get new messages.  It notifies me but dosent continue to pulsate?  Is that no longer a feature of active display?  I dont see any option to change this in the moto app.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,080
Message 2 of 4

Re: Active display not pulsating

This year's phones do not "breathe" like prior models.

The question has been asked and answered in a different thread.  Search is your friend.   😋

jaybot
Punch Card
Views: 1,050
Message 3 of 4

Wow... ok.  Suggestion for devs of this app if they read this (prob dont).  Put the functionality back Smiley Happy  Maybe leave it off by default but make it configurable so we can turn it on.  Now I have to actually wave my hand over the phone to see if I have a notification instead of just glaning at it Smiley Sad  Seems like a step backwards in functionality.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,040
Message 4 of 4

If you search the forum on this issue, you'll find that someone posted about an app (I think it was fletch33) that can make breathing happen, but the app isn't free.

For the record, every forum moderator has brought this issue up because we are totally in agreement with every user complaining that it's missing.  Moto knows.  Whether or not they'll do anything about it is another story.