Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Livewiremaxx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,545
Message 21 of 30

Re: Android 7.1.1 for Moto Z

Grrr, I hope this isnt a bad update.  This update is needed in order to use the new 360 camera I got without it . So far I got me a $300 dust collector 

Highlighted
retr00h
Paper Tape
Views: 771
Message 22 of 30

Stuck on 7.0 Nougat

Since the latest android version for the Moto Z is 7.1.1 and I didn't receive any OTA, I'm asking here. I'm stuck on Nougat 7.0, build number NPLS 25.86-17-3-4, reteu channel, what can I do?

eroggow
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 714
Message 23 of 30

Re: Stuck on 7.0 Nougat

You should consider staying at 7.0 until 8.0 comes out. Many of us who upgraded to 7.1.1 are experiencing extreme battery issues. There are a few threads on here documenting the battery loss that occurs right after that update.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Moto_Z/thread-id/2713/page/1

rgarapati
Paper Tape
Views: 646
Message 24 of 30

Hi,

I was having same challenges with batter drain after 7.1.1. Phone is charged over night and I unplug it at 6AM. I have to charge again in 3 to 4 hours. I don't play games nor listen music.

When I reboot, it quickly shows 3 to 5% while before reboot it is usually over 60%.

It is becoming real headache and can't depend on this phone. My IMEI is in my profile should you want to troubleshoot and give some guidance.

This is the last resort I have and appreciate all your help.

Thanks,
Ratna

Habibi1506
Paper Tape
Views: 437
Message 25 of 30

After the update my phone was a useless paperweight. It was sent to the service center by my provider. The motherboard was swapped out and there was no improvement to battery life or drain. Now it is out of warranty and you can't use the phone unless it is plugged in. Even though the battery meter shows 80 to 100% charged. It just shuts down. I bought a Samsung S8 yesterday. I loved my Moto Z until the update. Too bad the manufacturer doesn't give a rats arse about customer loyalty. They know that another sucker will come along.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 435
Message 26 of 30

@Habibi1506wrote:
After the update my phone was a useless paperweight. It was sent to the service center by my provider. The motherboard was swapped out and there was no improvement to battery life or drain. Now it is out of warranty and you can't use the phone unless it is plugged in. Even though the battery meter shows 80 to 100% charged. It just shuts down. I bought a Samsung S8 yesterday. I loved my Moto Z until the update. Too bad the manufacturer doesn't give a rats arse about customer loyalty. They know that another sucker will come along.

You should have contacted the service center/provider immediately after the repair if the phone was not repaired. 

My Z is still working fine, so It appears you have a battery issue. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
miteshpc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 382
Message 27 of 30

I also now own an paperweight Moto Z. After this awaited 7.1.1 we are doomed. I am surprised, that after all these issues, Motorola/Lenovo hasn't made an app to identify the issue and help resolve the issue.

Or is it that they are afraid to own up for a problem that they have to pay for!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 377
Message 28 of 30

@miteshpcwrote:

I also now own an paperweight Moto Z. After this awaited 7.1.1 we are doomed. I am surprised, that after all these issues, Motorola/Lenovo hasn't made an app to identify the issue and help resolve the issue.

Or is it that they are afraid to own up for a problem that they have to pay for!

You posted the same things in many threads. There is no evidence of a software problem. All indications are battery issue. 

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

This has been mentioned many times. Your phone has a one year warranty. If it has a problem during that time, it is covered under that warranty. 

My Z is over a year old and fine. If this is a software issue, then my Z would be affected as well. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
SRUSS
What's DOS?
Views: 359
Message 29 of 30

Moto Z Retcn security update OTA

I am in the UK with a retcn handset. Will security updates work OT A. The latest security update on the handset is March 2018. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 250
Message 30 of 30

Re: Moto Z Retcn security update OTA

Hi SRUSS,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm since the phone is stuck in bootloop, have you tried booting the phone to recovery mode? While the phone is off, press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time (This should lead you on how to do an external reset). Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors