12-13-2017 10:58 AM
I have really terrible battery life on Moto Z phone (reteu, and latest firmware) even when the phone is very lightly used during the day, I need to charge twice or more time, does it a warranty issue? I already tried to hard reset the phone and but nothing changes. Bought my phone in Germany around 8 month ago and used only with original turbopower adapter and original Samsung wireless adapter. Stats one of the day attached below.
12-13-2017 12:26 PM
If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.
Although, if you have a dual SIM phone, and both SIMs are active, and you are using the phone in a region it was not intended for, there may not be anything wrong with the phone.
If you run the phone in airplane mode - with just wifi on overnight, how does it do?
12-13-2017 12:38 PM
This is similar behavior I have.
Country should not have any influence on it because there was common variant for whole EU (reteu) I think.
Recently I did a reset and did not log into google account, not used sim card and connected to wifi router located 1m from phone. My observations:
1. First charge after reset - 100% battery was held for long time, discharged it to around 20 % and charged.
2. Next charges: 100% to 95% in 23mins, screen off all the time. Later drop was slower, but still nothing running except what moto installs (or less because I didn't log in into any account).
12-15-2017 10:55 AM
I see you have your serial number in your profile - thanks! Do you mind if I look at your app performance data for clues to this?
12-20-2017 11:42 PM - edited 12-21-2017 12:12 AM
I tried to use it only with one local simcard, but has the same battery time.
By the way I faced sometimes with dropping battery percentage after reboot, when phone charged to 100% and after reboot it show less then 50%, is it OK? Even in safe mode.
12-22-2017 04:16 AM
You have pretty much the same issue I have. I can see from the graph you have switched off the phone and when it is powered back on, the battery has depleted.
My thread is here:
My phone is current with Motorola, when it comes back I will update the thread to say if the issue is resolved.
01-05-2018 03:20 AM
My moto Z has had several symptoms recently.
- The battery does not last long.
- The power turns off suddenly (but it does not turn off unless you operate it)
- When the power is turned on again, the battery capacity is low and the power does not turn on or immediately turn off.
- When the AC power is input, the remaining battery level appears.
- In this case, the remaining capacity of the battery will be displayed differently depending on the charging method and the normal charging method of TuboPower.
- Connect the AC power to turn on the power, turn off immediately when the cable is unplugged.
- When booting like this, the operating time is very short in the battery item.
- Attached image is Android OS battery measurement screen in this process.
I did a factory reset but did not get good results.
After all, I am always using Moto Z with an external battery.
Is there a way to solve this?
I am using Moto Z in Korea.
We do not sell Motorola products in Korea, so we can not expect AS.
If this is not fixed, I will have to use another product.
01-08-2018 07:24 AM
However, you can try to calibrate your device battery. Let your device battery dry all the way to 0% and then charge it to 100% - repeat twice a week!
If you did a factory data reset and tested before installing or restoring any apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.