cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G1uK
Punch Card
Views: 3,695
Message 1 of 15

Battery life problem. Covered by warranty?

I have really terrible battery life on Moto Z phone (reteu, and latest firmware) even when the phone is very lightly used during the day, I need to charge twice or more time, does it a warranty issue? I already tried to hard reset the phone and but nothing changes. Bought my phone in Germany around 8 month ago and used only with original turbopower adapter and original Samsung wireless adapter. Stats one of the day attached below.Screenshot_20171212-203935.png

Screenshot_20171212-203929.png

Screenshot_20171212-204121.png

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,660
Message 2 of 15

Re: Battery life problem. Covered by warranty?

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

Although, if you have a dual SIM phone, and both SIMs are active, and you are using the phone in a region it was not intended for, there may not be anything wrong with the phone. 

If you run the phone in airplane mode - with just wifi on overnight, how does it do? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 3,653
Message 3 of 15

This is similar behavior I have.

Country should not have any influence on it because there was common variant for whole EU (reteu) I think.

Recently I did a reset and did not log into google account, not used sim card and connected to wifi router located 1m from phone. My observations:

1. First charge after reset - 100% battery was held for long time, discharged it to around 20 % and charged.

2. Next charges: 100% to 95% in 23mins, screen off all the time. Later drop was slower, but still nothing running except what moto installs (or less because I didn't log in into any account).

Tom
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 3,562
Message 4 of 15

I see you have your serial number in your profile - thanks! Do you mind if I look at your app performance data for clues to this?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 3,557
Message 5 of 15

If it's question to me then yes you can dig there if you want. I hope that somebody will make use of it.

Tom
G1uK
Punch Card
Views: 3,486
Message 6 of 15

Sure, thx
G1uK
Punch Card
Views: 3,483
Message 7 of 15

I tried to use it only with one local simcard, but has the same battery time.

By the way I faced sometimes with dropping battery percentage after reboot, when phone charged to 100% and after reboot it show less then 50%, is it OK? Even in safe mode.

Screenshot_20171221-092444.png

Screenshot_20171213-234112.png

Mtorrance
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,455
Message 8 of 15

You have pretty much the same issue I have.  I can see from the graph you have switched off the phone and when it is powered back on, the battery has depleted.

My thread is here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-z-battery-discharge-issues/td-p/3882508

My phone is current with Motorola, when it comes back I will update the thread to say if the issue is resolved.

guraprkr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,378
Message 9 of 15

My battery problems

My moto Z has had several symptoms recently.
- The battery does not last long.
- The power turns off suddenly (but it does not turn off unless you operate it)
- When the power is turned on again, the battery capacity is low and the power does not turn on or immediately turn off.
- When the AC power is input, the remaining battery level appears.
- In this case, the remaining capacity of the battery will be displayed differently depending on the charging method and the normal charging method of TuboPower.
- Connect the AC power to turn on the power, turn off immediately when the cable is unplugged.
- When booting like this, the operating time is very short in the battery item.
- Attached image is Android OS battery measurement screen in this process.

I did a factory reset but did not get good results.

After all, I am always using Moto Z with an external battery.

Is there a way to solve this?

I am using Moto Z in Korea.

We do not sell Motorola products in Korea, so we can not expect AS.

If this is not fixed, I will have to use another product.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,281
Message 10 of 15

Re: My battery problems

Hi, guraprkr. 

However, you can try to calibrate your device battery. Let your device battery dry all the way to 0% and then charge it to 100% - repeat twice a week!

If you did a factory data reset and tested before installing or restoring any apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support 

Top Kudoed Authors