Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 417
Message 1 of 7

Battery problem after July security update

I saw the many posts in this forum, I need a official response of Motorola for this problem.

NOT solution "recalibrate your battery, hard reset, reduces brightness, ecc, ...", because are NOT the solution.

It's impossible that a powerful smartphone such MotoZ with a one year of life has this problem, because the problem is software, after this update I see that problem.

MOTOROLA SOLVE THE PROBLEM, PLEASE.

I hope the future update is coming in this month (I see 1 update every 3 months) and repair the problem of erratic battery level, or else I need to send the smartphone for replace the battery, but after Motorola will not see my money for a new smartphone!

Highlighted
ilkeraydin
Paper Tape
Views: 322
Message 2 of 7

Re: Battery problem after July security update

Hi. 

I have the same problem. In addition, whenever I restart my phone, battery state of charge is always changing (80% to 2%, 10% to 60% etc). I have observed to battery voltage with an application. Voltage seems proper (like 3700 mV), but SoC value is 1%. This voltage value is nearly 70% of SoC.  It is clear that the issue is related to software.  The device has a warranty, but I do not want to send because they can not do anything.
I tried everything recommended like factory reset, battery calibration etc. but it didn't work.

I want to downgrade to Android 6.0, if possible, there was no problem like this. Oreo update literally ruined my phone. I have bought Hasselblad and other moto mods so i am not willing to toss my phone out. 

Moto Team must help us to resolve this issue. 

Adriano1977
What's DOS?
Views: 290
Message 3 of 7

Screenshot_20181027-080045.png

Motorola support and customer service is worse. I am tired !! These "advanced" , senior support don't what to do or don't give a sh*** to what we have been trying to get from them. So let's bother who can do something about it. This guy in the picture is the mobile business leader, so looks like he or somebody under hos leadership is not doing the "home work" . Let's send messages to him ( LinkedIn ) to open Motorola eyes.

vernelmay
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 4 of 7

I have atwo year old Moto z. Since the update I can't use my phone for more that two hours. After 3 minutes at 100 % it drops to 69%. Then it is not long until it goes black and won't do anything until I plug it in. What is going on withis phone? I used to love it, now I can hardly use it.

What can I do?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 247
Message 5 of 7

I see on xda that more people they think are the original Turbocharge charger.

I seriosly thinking to go my MotoZ to replace the battery, because I use the original charger everyday.

vernelmay
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 6 of 7

I am still using my original charger everyday. It's that an issue? 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 240
Message 7 of 7

It's only an hipotesis that I read on xda, because the Turbocharger use a high voltage.
My MotoZ still remain one year of warranty, and I think to try it for replace the battery.
If is not work, anyway I have a new battery.
Top Kudoed Authors