Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

11-06-2017

Poland

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 1 of 15

Blinking screen while Moto z charging

2017-11-06, 17:17 PM

Hello 

I have a problem with my moto z phone. While phone is plugged in to turbo charger (original from box) i have a weird blinking screen issue.

Sometimes i observed it on different apps. A tried to get idea what turn on to make my screen blinking.

Now i have a good one solutions: 

If i plugg charger, then i open message app, open a conversation, make the lowest screen bright and tap to enter text input to show keyboard - screen start blinking.

It look like when you aim camera to old crt tv. You will see a blinking of the tv.

It works only when battery is lower than 90%.

It is hardware problem? Can you Fox it on warranty service?

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 2 of 15

Re: Blinking screen while Moto z charging

2017-11-06, 18:12 PM

Hi stpatryk,

Is this happening all the time? Have you ever dropped the phone? Is there any physical or liquid damage?

*Try restarting the device. It is a good practice to restart the device periodically to clear out buffers and memory that may lead to intermittent issues.

*Check charger

Any charger other than an approved Motorola charger may cause interference (while connected) leading to issues with the touchscreen.To check, simply unplug any attached chargers or docks and observe the screen again. Try other chargers other than what you have.

*Do a Safe Mode to see if the issue is still persisting.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2017

Poland

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Message 3 of 15

2017-11-07, 10:34 AM

I have never damaged my phone.

As i said i use official motoz charger packed with the phone.

As i said blinking happens only during charging. There is no device plugged on near charger wich could do interferencje.

Sage mode - i will try it today.

Do this is all the answer? Nothing ellse? Have you a someon with good technical konowledge to solve my probbelm? I expected something ellse from support flagship phone model...

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2017

Poland

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Message 4 of 15

2017-11-07, 16:19 PM

I have more info about this issue.

Screen start blinking during charging between 78% and 90% battery.

Inne safe mode - still the same issue.

Here is the same problem:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-Z-display-flicker-while-charging/td-p/3392184

( A have randomly horisontal line )

I'm stil waiting for ansfer someon who has idea what talking about.

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Message 5 of 15

2017-11-08, 20:27 PM

wrote:

I have more info about this issue.

Screen start blinking during charging between 78% and 90% battery.

Inne safe mode - still the same issue.

Here is the same problem:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-Z-display-flicker-while-charging/td-p/3392184

( A have randomly horisontal line )

I'm stil waiting for ansfer someon who has idea what talking about.

Can you please share a video of what you are experiencing? Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.>Update your profile here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2017

Poland

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Message 6 of 15

2017-11-08, 20:44 PM

Done. Yes it will be ok if you look at the apps. I'm waiting for reply with something importami.

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2017

Poland

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Message 7 of 15

2017-11-12, 16:53 PM

Did you do the investigment in my phone? How long it will take?

There is no way to make video of this issue. I have good camera but it skipp this blinking. I have this photo (this is only view, to describe the problem). Screen has wery fast blinking of light and dark backlight. This photo show a little bit lighter and slightly darker backlight on the white color. Screen blink very fast only when i make the darker backlinght.

Couple month ago I was thinking that is a good phone, and i bought the same model for my wife. She has Moto Z dual sim (I have single sim model). I check today: her Moto Z dual sim hasn't this issue. I checked my charger on my wife phone - the same - no blinking. I use my wife charger on my single sim Moto Z it started *removed* blinking. Chargers have the same serial numbers.

Can you explane this?

Tell my how to ship this *removed* phone for testing and repair? The phone has a few months and has still warranty. How it look like in EU? I must shipp my phone somewhere or you have warranty repair service in every country?

*Edited: Preferred language*

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Message 8 of 15

2017-11-15, 22:26 PM

Hi stpatryk,

Sorry for the delayed response. Upon running diagnostic on your IMEI,  we saw that the battery charging habits are not aligned with optimal battery performance recommendations. And over the last 2 weeks, the device has not been power cycled at least once within a 48 hour period.It is recommended that you power cycle your device at least once every 24 hours. Power cycling a device will clear its memory, empty its cache and release any AP (app processor) stuck situations, improving its overall performance. There are also 2 apps that are currently crashing for the past few days.

We also recommend you to do the following steps here including factory reset since we saw that the last time you did it was last 05/30/2017. Please make sure to back up your data. 

If ever it did not work after the factory reset, we recommend repair.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

40 Posts

08-08-2014

Hungary

218 Signins

2547 Page Views

• Views: 2547
  • Message 9 of 15

2017-11-16, 9:35 AM

"It is recommended that you power cycle your device at least once every 24 hours."

I'm very disappointed seeing your advice here.

I put my faith into Motorola when I bougth a first generation Moto G to my wife, and that device ran for months without problems and also without the need of frequent restart. Didn't ever needed to do a factory reset on it.

Back then I recommended Motorola to all my peers, sending them the screenshot of the uptime counter, saying that this is a true proof of a solid engineering.

Later on I bought a Moto X, with similar experience.

Your advice says to me, that you think your device is not solid enough, only a frequent restart can keep it up in a good shape. Like when you need to stop your car on a highway, to not overheat, or to power cycle a server that runs a public forum, just to not loose the members posts. I don't think you should do any of this, if those systems (the car or the server) is solidly built.

Btw, this is my workstation's uptime:

Should I need to restart it today, or even reinstall if it is working ok?

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2017

Poland

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Message 10 of 15

2017-11-16, 14:41 PM

From 6.11 to 11.11 I was in place with terrible GSM signal. It isn't my fault thart this phone was discharging fasther than normal. Usualy I plug in charger to my phone when batteri is around 7~8% (once within a 48 hour period).

Ok... I will do today backup my data and do factroy reset, but in my opinion it will not change anything.

If factory reset do nothing, I will give the phone for repair.

Tell me, how to contact with warranty repair service in Poland?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms