Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ah42
HDMI
Views: 927
Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth Skipping, Stuttering

When playing music through bluetooth I keep randomly getting skipping and stuttering. It reminds me of an old scratched CD. There are other users on the xda forum here reporting the same thing. Anybody else here experiencing this too? This didn't happen before the Nougat update.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 880
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth Skipping, Stuttering

@ah42 wrote:

When playing music through bluetooth I keep randomly getting skipping and stuttering. It reminds me of an old scratched CD. There are other users on the xda forum here reporting the same thing. Anybody else here experiencing this too? This didn't happen before the Nougat update.

Hello ah42,

Thank you for letting us know about this. What is the brand and model of the bluetooth device you are using on your phone? Have you tried using a different bluetooth device? Is the issue persisting? 

Please test the phone in safe mode so we can eliminate the likelihood that this is being caused by a rogue app. Here are the steps for your reference. Also, would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

For help in updating your profile, click here

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 844
Message 3 of 5

@ah42 wrote:

Hello ah42,

Thank you for updating your profile. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue. If you do, please try to make sure the USB debugging option in Developer Options settings is turned off, then power cycle the device. 

Reach out to us again if you continue to get the same issue.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

erikiksaz
Punch Card
Views: 794
Message 4 of 5

I'm having the same problem.  I'm currently migrating from one Z to another Z, so I don't have my profile set up properly, yet.

But, what I found to mitigate the issue, temporarily, was to turn BT on and off.  That would work until whatever was causing it triggered it again.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 790
Message 5 of 5

@erikiksaz wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I'm currently migrating from one Z to another Z, so I don't have my profile set up properly, yet.

But, what I found to mitigate the issue, temporarily, was to turn BT on and off.  That would work until whatever was causing it triggered it again.

To clarify, do you mean you are still having the same issue on your new Moto Z? Have you tried using a different bluetooth device?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors