Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark-s
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,700
Message 1 of 13

Bluetooth issue (again)...

Hi,

I have the same Bluetooth issue as  so many Moto Z owners. The Bluetooth is completely useless with this phone. I have got many Bluetooth accessories, but none of them work reliably with this phone.

For example, when I try to listen to music it is constantly stuttering, and when I use the Pokemon Go Plus bracelet, I get a disconnect alert all the time.

Please do not tell me the "solutions" you already told the other customers.

I have already:

- wiped the cache partition

- wiped the Bluetooth data

- enabled the safe mode
- disabled Wifi in location settings
- disabled Bluetooth in location settings
- disabled the battery optimization for Bluetooth
- disabled the Wifi search for open hotspots
- enabled flight mode (with Bluetooth enabled of course...)
- disabled the battery optimization for the apps
- removed the Bluetooth devices and paired them again
- disabled Bluetooth and activated it again

- rebooted the phone several times
- threatened the phone

I don't want to send the phone to Lenovo, because this phone is brand new, and I don't want to get a used relacement. I don't care if it is recertified. 

More information on this matter:
- It is NOT a network problem. The network works fine.
- Android-Version: 7.0
- Build-Number: NPLS25.86-31-5
- ID: XT1650-03

I think that this is a software-related problem, because many people have reported this problem after upgrading to Android 7.0.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible...

Regards,
mark-s

Btw.: I had a Moto E3 before the Moto Z, and the Moto E3 had a serious GPS problem. I switched to the more expensive Moto Z to get rid of this problem, and now I got a Bluetooth problem instead... great! Smiley Frustrated 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,658
Message 2 of 13

Re: Bluetooth issue (again)...

Have you  tried a factory reset? As you say you have already tried pretty much everything that would be suggested here, but this is a peer to peer forum. If you want a specific answer from Motorola/ Lenovo I would suggest using the support tab at the top to either talk to them directly, or to point you to your local repair center (if available)

Also, we (the mods) would appreciate greatly if you would avoid yelling at the users of this forum.

Community Guidelines

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
mark-s
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,653
Message 3 of 13

Sorry, I did not mean to yell at you. I just wanted to make clear that I do not want to get a replacement, because this is all, I have heard from Lenovo so far. It is driving me nuts that Lenovo does not seem to be willing to solve this problem. Smiley Sad I thought that this forum was maintained by the Lenovo support team. I will now contact the Lenovo support as suggested. Thanks for this information. Smiley Happy I will update this thread after contacting. 

No, I don't have tried a factory reset, but I have heard from several other users that this also does not solve the problem. I cannot do a factory reset, because I would lose all my data.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,649
Message 4 of 13

there is some Motorola presence on here, less than 10 IIRC, and one or two Lenovo people, but the best bet for a fast answer from them is through the support tab. Do keep us informed, and if you'd like I can give you some recommendations for ways to back things up before a factory reset. I reset my phones every few months, and have a rediculous number of texts that I restore back to my phones part because I want to keep them and part stress testing the system

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
mark-s
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,635
Message 5 of 13

I backed up only the most important things and did a full factory reset. Now, Bluetooth works fine with Google Play Music. Smiley Happy I do not understand why this solution is working and safe mode & wiping the cache did not. Hopefully, this will continue to work after I have reinstalled all my apps... At least now, I know that this is definitely a software-related issue and there is no need to replace the device. Thanks a lot for your help! Smiley Happy

Edit: It started stuttering again and then I disabled open hotspots in Wifi settings. Now, the stuttering has stopped... I do not know for how long. I will report again if anything happens.

Harshil_Patel
Paper Tape
Views: 4,280
Message 6 of 13

I am facing same issue with bluetooth, in my case phone is not able to find any bluetooth tooth devices at all.

Available bluetooth device list comes up empty everytime.

Tried clearing app cache and data, cleared system cache from recovery and did factory reset as well without any luck.

Any suggestions????

Manoj3492
Paper Tape
Views: 4,215
Message 7 of 13

Notification pulse light is not working

I have update my moto m tomorrow,after updating the notification light is not working

Give me solution ..thanks in advance

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,174
Message 8 of 13

Re: Notification pulse light is not working

@Manoj3492 wrote:

I have update my moto m tomorrow,after updating the notification light is not working

Give me solution ..thanks in advance

This is off topic to this thread. Please go to the Moto M community and post your problem there. You will have much better chance at getting help there. Thank you.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Jonbuy
What's DOS?
Views: 4,103
Message 9 of 13

Hi, I have the same problem with stuttering bluetooth.  You say you fixed by disabling open hotspots in wifi settings.  Could you please explain how to do this? Thanks.

igavuzzo
Serial Port
Views: 4,042
Message 10 of 13

Take a look at this post. I could solve a similar issue by doing this:

Turn airplane mode ON.

Reboot phone.

Turn airplane mode OFF.

Try Bluetooth.

Top Kudoed Authors