cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_W
Punch Card
Views: 1,735
Message 11 of 14

Re: Does anyone know if the Moto Z supports UHS-II Micro SD cards?

Thanks for the links.    

If the phone is limited to UHS-I, there may not be a lot of benefit to getting the UHS-II card unless the price is on par with a UHS-I U3 card.   

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,734
Message 12 of 14

@Bob_W wrote:

Thanks for the links.    

If the phone is limited to UHS-I, there may not be a lot of benefit to getting the UHS-II card unless the price is on par with a UHS-I U3 card.   

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Yeah - the UHS-II cards have an extra row of pins allowing them to double the data bus throughput. Even if they are the same price, they will get cheaper. I would hold off on buying one if you don't have a device that can take advantage of it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
swejuggalo
Punch Card
Views: 1,733
Message 13 of 14

Oh, I missed a few facts while I was writing 😉 Anyway, nice to get some real facts now 😀

I can't tell for sure... But since the phone micro sd preformance seems to be the limiting factoring I really doubt it. The very same kind of card I tested on the phone, it reads and writes above speeds of 80 on computer benchmarks,  but far from the same results on the phone.

Most flagship phones does not even seem to max out good uhs-1 speed cards. So I doubt a similar speeced phone like this has the extra pins and extra bandwidth to handle anything above decent uhs-1 speeds. UHS-II is backwards compatible though.

At current time I can't find proof of anyway device capable of uhs-II speeds.

fr4nk1yn
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 1,716
Message 14 of 14

UHS-2 speeds aren't supported, as mentioned, but the cards still work. Mine complained about the cards being to slow until I put in a Pro+.

It's slower but I don't notice s difference as internal and the phone still uses the built in storage for apps and cached data. I'm using more internal memory than SD card.

Top Kudoed Authors