cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevinzebra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 1 of 3

Escalating volume feature in Moto Z line = thumbs down!

I'm wondering if Lenovo/Moto Z is going to give us an option to turn this escalating volume feature off in a future update? It is extremely annoying and it seems to be universally hated by all. When my phone rings I just want it to ring at full volume the first ring not fade in after 2 seconds.

Any word? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 303
Message 2 of 3

Re: Escalating volume feature in Moto Z line = thumbs down!

@Kevinzebra wrote:

I'm wondering if Lenovo/Moto Z is going to give us an option to turn this escalating volume feature off in a future update? It is extremely annoying and it seems to be universally hated by all. When my phone rings I just want it to ring at full volume the first ring not fade in after 2 seconds.

Any word? 

This is a design of most moto phones. I have my phone on vibrate too, so I don't hate this. I don't even notice it myself, as my ringtone is 30 seconds. 

I don't expect this design to change - but that is my opinion. Moto will not comment on future enhancements or updates, so I don't think you will get any more feedback from Moto. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
dcg2122
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 3 of 3

Re: Escalating volume feature in Moto Z line = thumbs down!

Don't get me wrong, I hate it as well.  Whoever decided that this was a good idea and whoever approved it needs to have their heads examined!!!!  But, I also created a work around of sorts.  If you like to upload your own mp3's, you can open the mp3 into Audacity and find the point where you want the ringtone to start, then back it up 2.5-3 seconds.  I chose 3 secs.  Delete everything before that point and export it with a new name.  Add the mp3 to your ringtones folder and then select the ringtone.  When it gets to full volume, you will hear what you want to hear.  It took a bit of trial and error and those who want can benefit from my effort by backing up the starting point 3 secs.  Send me an email and I will send you the one I just did which is the Star Trek Enterprise theme song, Faith of the Heart.  dcg2122@gmail.com.  Also if you have never used Audacity, there are several you tube tutorials.  I am glad to help with the folders on the phone, just holler.

Top Kudoed Authors