cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c128
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,088
Message 1 of 3

Folio case that fits with the Incipio OffGrid battery pack in place?

Hi,

Anyone aware of a folio style case that will fit a standard Moto Z with the Incipio battery pack in place?

I've kind of become fond of the my LG G3 phone with such a case, and although I'd only really consider the Moto Z with the battery pack I'd be disappointed if a similar sort of case wasn't available...

Thanks.

swejuggalo
Punch Card
Views: 1,066
Message 2 of 3

Re: Folio case that fits with the Incipio OffGrid battery pack in place?

I've searched pretty much for different cases with mod functionally. The only ones I've found have been Incipio own bumper with removable back and some Version bumper. Nothing else so far. Personally I think you may get better luck if someone release some case with built-in battery rather that a case of any kind that fits with the battery mod.

I plan to use Incipio bumper with the battery mod and hardening glass screen protector myself. No other choice for me so far.

c128
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,034
Message 3 of 3

Re: Folio case that fits with the Incipio OffGrid battery pack in place?

@swejuggalo wrote:

I've searched pretty much for different cases with mod functionally. The only ones I've found have been Incipio own bumper with removable back and some Version bumper. Nothing else so far. Personally I think you may get better luck if someone release some case with built-in battery rather that a case of any kind that fits with the battery mod.

I plan to use Incipio bumper with the battery mod and hardening glass screen protector myself. No other choice for me so far.

Thanks very much for the detailed reply.

I guess it's early days for moto mods, so I think I might wait a bit to make a decision based on new stuff becoming available.

The problem I have is that I'm looking to replace an LG G3, and I've kind of become very fond of a folio case and wireless charging, and I'd like my new phone to have better battery life.

I've just bought my wife a Moto Z Play to replace a Moto G.  Now....if there were a mod that just added Qi charging, and added little to the thickness so that it would fit into a "normal" folio case, I'd probably get a Moto Z Play for myself - I've been really impressed with it, so far, and the unmodded battery life is really superb.

If I got a Moto Z to replace my LG G3, then I don't think I'd be happy with the battery life.  It's available here in the UK as a bundle, for £499, that appears to include the OffGrid pack with Qi charging...but then I'm stuck for a case unless, as you say, something comes to fill that gap.

Maybe folio cases are a niche thing, these days?

Top Kudoed Authors