10-15-2018 12:01 PM
Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.
Need help updating your profile? See here.
Also, please send us a BUG report so we can further investigate this.
BUG REPORT FOR WIFI ISSUE
Please take a bug report. We will share this with our product team for investigation.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
Please make sure to turn off developer options after you create the report, otherwise it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background
Thanks for posting here. Can you please verify if you're with Verizon? Please update your forums profile too so we can further check.
10-18-2018 01:24 PM
sorry to tell you that I will not follow your wish for bug tracing.
1. By using the safe mode we proved that it is not a third party problem.
2. I am not using Google drive and data protection is important to me as I am coming from old Europe.
3. This problem is known to other Android versions. It has to do with some secure settings.
I can understand that you want to prove every step but it is my time and I am not a beta tester for your software.
Maybe you have already an idea for a solution?
10-21-2018 11:12 PM
Hello, I have the same problem. My current software version is Android 8.0.0 build OPLS27.76-51-7.
I have 5 stored wifi passwords, possibly stored from previous OS builds. Whenever I connect to a new wifi I can see that I have 6 stored wifi passwords. However, whenever I disable wifi (which I do all the time), I'm back to the original 5 passwords. I guess people who don't ever disable the wifi have to reboot to see the problem. I don't have any 3rd party apps that configure the wifi.
10-22-2018 08:49 AM
Thanks for posting here. I'd like to confirm, did you have to put the wifi password again everythime you connect on that wifi?
10-22-2018 08:57 AM
I had to put the wifi password again, every time I disabled the wifi adapter. After putting in the password, I could see 6 saved networks in the wifi settings. After disabling wifi, and re-enabling it, I could see 5 saved passwords in the settings screen. At that point, I had to type the password again.
It seems like resetting wifi or rebooting the phone clears the password cache and it has to go to the password file or something, which for some reason cannot be written? Just theorising.
10-22-2018 12:07 PM
Could you please send me a bug report when the issue occur? Just follow the instruction I provided in my previous reply. Thank you.