07-05-2018 02:13 PM
Just received the Oreo update on my Moto Z Droid I've now noticed that voice input no longer works if I click the microphone icon. The phone beeps, the icon changes color but nothing I say is input . If I press the keyboard icon next to the application switcher icon and choose Google Voice Typing then the big microphone icon appears and I can now talk and have my words recognized .
Also OK Google works fine as does voice input in the Google app so it appears to be GBoard only.
Anybody else experienced this?
07-06-2018 01:11 PM
Thanks for confirming. Could you please send me a sample video of the issue? If you have any Google Apps that needs to be updated, kindly update them. Also, please test this in safe mode.
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.
*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
Let me know. Thanks.