06-23-2018 07:50 AM
I came out this morning and my Moto Z didn't charge AT ALL after being plugged in overnight, which is what I normally do to recharge. Yesterday I downloaded the new 8.0 update. Whate do I do now, I only have 18% left on my phone?
06-23-2018 08:00 AM
Try flipping the plug on the phone around. I have this issue happen to me once before.
If I plugged it in one way it won't charge. The other way worked fine and turbo charged. Hopefully it will help for now.
06-26-2018 12:00 PM
Thanks for reporting. I'd like to confirm, do you have an extra phone to test the charger, also, test your phone using a different charger? I was thinking if the issue here is with the charger or with your phone. I would also suggest testing it with safe mode to make sure there's no third-party app to get involved with this.
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.
*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
Let me know, thanks.