Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 551
Message 21 of 43

Re: Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Error

This is odd, I'll send another follow up on this. Thanks everyone.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

bsvo742421
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 22 of 43

I have had my camera for well over a year.  Used it today and same problems others have reported.

Very disappointing.

TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 433
Message 23 of 43

Same issue here. Mod is working with my Z2 Force, but not woth with my both Z2 Play. In Safe mode IT works. Same Apps on all Devices.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 423
Message 24 of 43

Hi TobiasKrais,

Thanks for posting on this thread. If it does work in safe mode then it would more likely be caused by third-party apps. You can try uninstalling your apps or do a factory data reset without restoring apps/files. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Rockycampi
What's DOS?
Views: 394
Message 25 of 43

On vacation now and just experienced this issue for the first time.  I have deleted all recent application additions and tried in safe mode. 

Neither have worked.  Zoom keeps opening and closing  mutliple times prior to the mod shutting down. 

Highlighted
TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 390
Message 26 of 43

Betreff: Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Error

I'm a software developer and tester. I think it would be very useful, if everybody posts its Moto Z Model. For me, only Moto Z2 Play is affected, none other. What other models are affected out there?

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 379
Message 27 of 43

@Agent_Rich: So, what about us who have the same problem in Safe Mode. It has been MONTHS since I provided a video of what I've experienced. I never heard from anyone asking me about... DID ANYONE LOOK AT IT?

I have the same problem on a Moto Z Force Droid and a Moto Z2 Force. I've done COMPLETE phone resets on both phones and still the cameraS do not work (yes, plural--I have TWO, and one of them is one I received FROM Lenovo as a $100 warranty replacement for one of the two I had... so that makes THREE cameras that do not work!).
TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 28 of 43

Thanks for your answer, thus many models are affected: Moto Z Force Droid, Moto Z2 Force, Moto Z2 Play.

For me, on my Z2 Play, it first worked. It seemed to me that the problem came up with one of the recent system updates. That could be the answer, why some of us even won't get it work in safe mode.

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 384
Message 29 of 43

Betreff: Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Error

@TobiasKrais wrote:

I'm a software developer and tester. I think it would be very useful, if everybody posts its Moto Z Model. For me, only Moto Z2 Play is affected, none other. What other models are affected out there?

A Gen-1 Moto Z Force Droid and a Gen-2 Moto Z2 Force.  Cameras do not work on either phone.  Tried both phones in Safe Mode, no joy.  Tried complete factory resets, no joy.

I have two cameras, but one is one I received from Lenovo as a replacement for one that was still under warranty (paid $100 to get it repalced), so I've had this on three cameras.  The one I received as a replacement didn't work before or after mod software updates were applied.

My wife finally gave up on her Moto Z Force Droid and went with a different company's phone last month.  I've got a few months left to pay off my phone... One the main reason I wanted the Moto Z line was the Hasselblad camera, I'm starting to see no need for me to remain loyal to the Moto brand.

Yes, I love my (discontinued) Incipio Qi battery mod, and (discontinued) Incipio car dock, but Qi is built into just about every new phone, and Qi-based car docks are reasonably priced.

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 372
Message 30 of 43

Can we change this to no longer "Solved"? It clearly isn't solved for all owners. The workarounds/suggestions don't work for some of us meaning there is still an underlying issue...

BTW--before you ask, I tried again today (having not had any reason before to suspect anything was going to wok), and it still failed in Safe Mode. The camera did get an update to 0.84, but still does not work with a Moto Z2 Force, stock phone.
Top Kudoed Authors