Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mook2420
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 31 of 43

Re: Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Error

I have a US unlocked MotoZ and a Z2 and both exhibit the same behavior outlined here. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps as well, safe mode and a clean factory restore make no difference. Useless camera mod unless the camera app gets updated. Neither phones I have are eligible for the newer Moto Camera app so I'm stuck doing the close app open app turn off flash reboot just to get a couple pictures then it starts doing the camera error again. The Z2 (current use phone) is worse, the mod never opens on it even after the steps I outlined.

It's no surprise the Moto mods have been overall a huge failure on many levels.

Wish I truely had not wasted so much money on them, the projector, the JBL2 speaker, the HassleBad camera... 

TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 506
Message 32 of 43

@Agent_Rich

If it does work in safe mode then it would more likely be caused by third-party apps. You can try uninstalling your apps or do a factory data reset without restoring apps/files.

Hi Agent_Rich,

now I found some time to do as you adviced. Here are the results:

• I uninstalled all apps possible: afterwards the Hasselblad mod did still NOT work on my Z2 Play phone.
  • So I did a factory reset: still NOT working, even if no preinstalled app updates are installed.
  • Then I tried again to restart safe mode on my phone: Hasselblad mod did NOT work anymore! Before the reset I was able to use my mod in safe mode. ARGGHH! Now it is no more useable at all.

The issue ca not be referred to a non-preinstalled app. Please open a case to provide a new app/firmware for the mod.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Tobi

TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 505
Message 33 of 43

And Agent_Rich: please remove the SOLVED in the Thread.

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 480
Message 34 of 43

@mook2420 wrote:

Wish I truely had not wasted so much money on them, the projector, the JBL2 speaker, the HassleBad camera... 

I completely agree... I went so far as to assume that my out-of-warranty camera was the problem so I bought a "refurbished" one from Amazon.  That one had the same issue and Support had me pay $100 to get replaced under warranty... oh, and that one has the same problem...

I hadn't seen a reference to the outdated camera app being the issue--that's news to me... if that is the case, then I agree, the camera app on the Z and Z2 phones should be updated or firmware on the cameras corrected to allow us to continue to use our devices as we had them (or allow us to downgrade the camera firmware).

<Soapbox>

I STILL HAVE 6 PAYMENTS ON MY Z2!  And this problem started less than a year after I bought my phone... At this point, I'm never going to buy another Moto Z--who's to say that if I go get a Z3 or Z4 now, that in 12-months the camera will only work with the Z5?  I may never by a Motorola device again either... I had two generations of Moto X's (paid the premium for the X Pure), and we've gone thorugh the Z and Z2... my wife went back to Samsung now and I'll most likely follow... 

If you make a modular system, the modules that worked with Rev1 and Rev2 of the base device should CONTINUE TO WORK with those versions of the base device!   It's like telling me I need to buy a new PC because my mouse got a firmware update and is no longer compatiable...

When I pay off my phone, I'll be selling the following (look for me on eBay this fall):

• 2 Hasselblad cameras
  • 1 INCIPIO Wireless battery pack
  • 1 Moto Battery pack
  • 2 Michael Kors Wireless battery pack
  • 1 Michael Kors non-wireless battery pack
  • 1 Projector (never used)
  • 1 JBL speaker
  • 3 INCIPIO car docks (the useless vent clips all broke, but I adapted some other ball mounts [grounded down the 17mm balls to match the 16mm ball used by INCIPIO])

@Agent_Rich: If Motorola wants to contact me, feel free--my first comment in this thread was 19/NOV/2018... Seven months later, this thread remains listed as "Solved" but continues to have posts by owners still having problems.  Until today, I never heard that it is due to the camera app needing an update that isn't being offered for the Moto Z versions I have... I'm out $160 to Amazon and $100 to Motorola since then thinking it was the camera.  If ya'll knew that back then, you could have saved me a lot of time and money (and really, if you knew that, the $100 warranty fee could be considered fraud...).

</SoapBox>

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 462
Message 35 of 43

Betreff: Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Error

Hi eichmat,

I followed up on this. I appreciate all the tests and troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'd like to confirm, did you restore your apps with your phone after doing the reset? Make sure Moto Camera is up to date in Play Store (Play Store > search "Moto Camera"). Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 427
Message 36 of 43

@Agent_Rich wrote:

I followed up on this. I appreciate all the tests and troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'd like to confirm, did you restore your apps with your phone after doing the reset? Make sure Moto Camera is up to date in Play Store (Play Store > search "Moto Camera").

Tests after factory resets were before any third-party apps were added. As for app: I see a "Moto Camera 2" that is up-to-date (22/MAY/2019) and a "Moto Mod Camera" app that was last updated 10/NOV/2017.

TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 330
Message 37 of 43

Hi folks,

good news: Moto seems to be interested in the case. I opened an issue one week ago and Moto developers wanted bug report data and screenshots (failure video). Also a support team member contacted me through private message. Hopefully we can help.

Greetings,

Tobias

Diegolpm
What's DOS?
Views: 186
Message 38 of 43

Hi Tobias, let me know if they give you any answer. I have the same error. None of the "solutions" proposed here have worked at all.
I have a Moto Z2 Play.

Greetings,

Diego
Highlighted
TobiasKrais
Fanfold Paper
Views: 179
Message 39 of 43

Hi Diego,

I received an answer. They are interested in solving the issue. After my holidays, I'll send both, my mod and my Z2 Play device to Motorola Great Britain to investigate the issue. It's necessary to send both to them, because the failure occurs not on all devices I have. I'll post the answer here as soon as I receive one.

Greetings,

Tobias

Diegolpm
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 40 of 43

I would much appreciate it, Tobias. It looks like many people have this problem.

Greetings
Top Kudoed Authors