Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 975
Message 11 of 40

Re: Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Error

Oh, I tried that dozesn of times on both cameras--no luck.

So this morning, I took the crazy step of doing a Factory Reset on my phone: no joy... I tried before allowing any apps to update--no luck.

Then I allowed the factory installed apps to update (including the Moto Camera 2 and Moto Mods Manager): no change in status.

I checked for system updates: up-to-date (8.0.0 ODXS27.109-34-17, 01/SEP/2018). Update history shows that was applied 14/SEP, with previous update (ODXS27.109-34-14) being applied 19/JUL/2018.

I only reset my phone (Moto Z2), my wife won't let me reset hers.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 969
Message 12 of 40

Hi eichmat,

Thanks confirming. Have you tried testing the mod to another phone and tried testing another hasselblad to your phone? I think, it's one we can isolate if it's the mod itself has an issue or it's the phone we need to address.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 873
Message 13 of 40

I contacted support and they replaced the camera (out of warranty, $100 fee).  The replacement arrived today and I still have the same problem.  The replacment received a software update (version 0.81).

Just PM'd you a Bug Report and a video of the issues I had last month (I experience the exact same as seen in the video).

I tried a factory reset before contacting support.  I'd hate to have to reset the phone again...  Since my original post, my phone received softwre update ODXS27.109-34--17-3-1 on 04/DEC.

Moto Mods Platform 2.5

Moto Mods Manager: 02.05.018

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 835
Message 14 of 40

Hi eichmat,

Thanks for the BUG report and for the video. I'll have our Camera team checked on this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

jonshipman
Punch Card
Views: 578
Message 15 of 40

Is there a resolution? My mod seems to be doing the same. Had it replaced under warranty and the new one has the same issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 572
Message 16 of 40

@jonshipman wrote:

Is there a resolution? My mod seems to be doing the same. Had it replaced under warranty and the new one has the same issue.

Which one did you replace, the phone or the mod? Have you tried testing it with another device? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Saulove
What's DOS?
Views: 477
Message 17 of 40

I have the same problem. I already tried the safe mode, restart the mod, everything. No clue Smiley Frustrated

eichmat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 472
Message 18 of 40

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Thanks for the BUG report and for the video. I'll have our Camera team checked on this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

So Rich, anything? Did they view the video?  Did they find it helpful or useless?

I spent $100 getting the "factory refurbished" camera replaced under warranty only to have that one have the same problem...  I gave up contacting support since the next step was to send that one back and get another one... I've tried ALL THREE CAMERAS with a 1st Gen Moto Z Force and my 2nd Gen Moto Z2 Force, and none work... 

Clearly something happened with update to Android 8 that has now basically bricked the cameras for me... 

metsuvaru
What's DOS?
Views: 427
Message 19 of 40

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Hasslebad camera and am getting this same error. I have made sure everything is up to date, but even when I restart In safe mode it does not work. The other mods I own still work, only this one does not.

Is there any fix to this or do I have to figure out some way to return it? I was really looking forward to this mod and am saddened that it is unusable.

Saulove
What's DOS?
Views: 407
Message 20 of 40

Top Kudoed Authors