Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChuckTN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,183
Message 1 of 14

Headphone adapter compatibility

Just tried the USB Type C headphone adapter with a Beats (Monster) earbuds. Music would not play more than a half second and there is a continuous popping noise when nothing is playing. Online support had me clear the storage cache and reboot the phone. Did not clear up this issue. They did have me try another set of headphones, so I plugged in my large Beats headphones, they worked after clearing the cache.

So, my question is, what earbuds/headphones are compatible the the USB Type C headphone adapter?

ChuckTN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,171
Message 2 of 14

Re: Headphone adapter compatibility

OK, found out is has to do with the orientation of the USB Type C headphone adapter. Turned it over and it works fine.

jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,047
Message 3 of 14

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm wondering, you have the regular Z and not the Force?  Where'd you buy it?

Did it come with the headphone adapter?

I got mine from Best Buy and it didn't come with one.  Trying to find out if it should have.  Every review video I saw showed them come with it, but I'm not sure if that's because they were review units...

ChuckTN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,042
Message 4 of 14

Got mine (the regular Z) from Best Buy and yes, the headphone adapter came with it. So, get Best Buy to provide you with one.

jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,040
Message 5 of 14

Yup.  Thanks.  I was just on a chat with Moto support and they suggested the same.  I was looking on the Z page on the Moto site this morning and couldn't find where it said it should come with the adapter, but I finally went line by line and found it.

Thanks again for the reply!

ChuckTN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,033
Message 6 of 14

Here's a pic in case you need it.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,008
Message 7 of 14

@jonny_ks wrote:

Yup.  Thanks.  I was just on a chat with Moto support and they suggested the same.  I was looking on the Z page on the Moto site this morning and couldn't find where it said it should come with the adapter, but I finally went line by line and found it.

Thanks again for the reply!

Let me know what happens. Thanks.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,003
Message 8 of 14

Well, that was a bit ridiculous, but Best Buy is taking care of me.

She said, in order to fix the issue, I'd have to exchange the entire device and everything that came with it. She suggested I take it to a store, but they could send me a new one and I could keep this one until that one came.

I explained that the nearest store is like an hour and a half away and that's why I ordered it online in the first place. Then, I asked her if they were going to check the serial numbers, if I could just steal the adapter out of the new box and send that phone back untouched. She said they'd verify which one was which, so I couldn't do that.

When I told her that I'd just buy my own instead of dealing with the hassle of setting a new phone up again, she offered to check the price on the adapter and issue me a giftcard.

Former Employee
Views: 994
Message 9 of 14

@jonny_ks wrote:

Well, that was a bit ridiculous, but Best Buy is taking care of me.

She said, in order to fix the issue, I'd have to exchange the entire device and everything that came with it. She suggested I take it to a store, but they could send me a new one and I could keep this one until that one came.

I explained that the nearest store is like an hour and a half away and that's why I ordered it online in the first place. Then, I asked her if they were going to check the serial numbers, if I could just steal the adapter out of the new box and send that phone back untouched. She said they'd verify which one was which, so I couldn't do that.

When I told her that I'd just buy my own instead of dealing with the hassle of setting a new phone up again, she offered to check the price on the adapter and issue me a giftcard.

I am glad it got solved jonny_ks! Smiley Happy Thank you for letting us know.

Regards,

Suny

Motorola Support 

jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 990
Message 10 of 14

I'm still disappointed that the adapter was somehow missing from my box, but at least they were willing to work with me.

Are the adapters available for purchase from Moto? I found some third-party ones on amazon, but would like to have an OEM adapter.

I wasn't able to find one in the Moto store, but I'll admit I didn't search THAT hard.

Thank you all for your responses!

Top Kudoed Authors