01-22-2017

GB

9 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 4

How do I return my phone for a refund?

2017-01-31, 22:52 PM

My Moto Z is 3 months old, it worked fine for the first two months but I have constant problems with mobile data since the Android 7 update. I would like my phone to be restored to the earlier OS version or I'd like to return it for a refund.

I have little confidence in getting either of the above - but I have to ask before I throw my £500 phone in the trash.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I return my phone for a refund?

2017-01-31, 23:51 PM

wrote:

My Moto Z is 3 months old, it worked fine for the first two months but I have constant problems with mobile data since the Android 7 update. I would like my phone to be restored to the earlier OS version or I'd like to return it for a refund.

I have little confidence in getting either of the above - but I have to ask before I throw my £500 phone in the trash.

For service you should contact the moto support group in your region. As for refunds, that question would have to go to your retailer and what their policy is. 

You don't mention what your problems are. But there is no way to downgrade the OS to an older version. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

PH

534 Signins

43792 Page Views

• Views: 43792
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-02-01, 16:48 PM

wrote:

Hi jaffa68,

If it happens that all troubleshooting steps has been exhausted, you may send it for repair to have it fixed. If your phone has an exclamation mark on its signal bar, that means you are not connected to that service. Does it happen to all locations? Looks like it is happening when you are driving based on your other thread. Have you tried to use different sim cards? There are some locations which have a poor signal which makes your signal bar to have an exclamation mark. Regarding refund, this should be assisted to where you purchased the phone. They do have their own policy if they will still allow you to process a refund as the phone has been months now.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

12 Posts

01-22-2017

GB

9 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-02-01, 17:00 PM

It doesn't only happen when I'm driving. It happens when I'm at work or at home or walking the dog or in the pub. Usually it happens when I leave a WIFI area but it can happen while connected to mobile data - suddenly it loses the connection while the signal strength is fine.

It is always resolved by turning mobile data off and on again in the phone settings - which suggests it is a phone (not carrier) issue.

I will be trying some other SIM cards (different carriers / different bands) over the next several days, if it's a carrier/sim issue I'll switch carrier or SIM, if it is a phone issue I'll switch phones.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete