Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-02-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 115
  • Message 1 of 5

Incipio Car Dock Moto Mod for Moto Z

2018-01-02, 18:42 PM

Hi,

I bought the Incipio Car Dock Moto Mod for my Moto Z and it's incredibly useful to me.

I don't regret paying the somewhat expensive price tag for it, plus shipping costs from US, plus UK VAT, plus Royal Mail handling fees. 

I do have some suggestions that would make it a lot better in my opinion: 

• It would be nice if there were some settings for it so that we could select what app to automatically launch when attached to the phone instead of the default Android Auto. I would prefer to have Waze launched or no app at all.

• Similarly it would be nice if these settings were saved for each dock, so that for example my car would launch Waze by default and my motorcycle wouldn't launch anything, just charge.

• In Android Auto when tapping Navigation button it defaults to Google Maps. It would be nice to have the option to select a default navigation app in Android Auto.

• A new Night Mode for it that would reduce the amount of light generated by the screen and could look like the Moto Display interface in black&white and with minimal things on screen. This would make sense considering it's a OLED display

I really hope at least some of these could be implemented

Thanks

Options

34 Posts

10-07-2017

United States of America

86 Signins

477 Page Views

• Views: 477
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Incipio Car Dock Moto Mod for Moto Z

2018-01-02, 19:01 PM

Nice points! I would also be glad to see some more customizable things, but I think its up to Google, not Motorola.

Does android auto allow you to play music stored on your phone memory or is it only Google music online?

Options

6 Posts

01-02-2018

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-01-03, 14:10 PM

wrote:

Does android auto allow you to play music stored on your phone memory or is it only Google music online?

In Android Auto you can chose the default music app you want to use (unlike for the navigation).

Google Play Music allows you to upload your own music for free and you can make tracks or playlists avaialable offline

Options

1 Posts

01-04-2018

Czech Republic

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-01-04, 8:48 AM

IKR. I haven't gotten my dock yet (awaiting it next week), but from what I've read and understood, this Dock Moto Mod just essentially a plain dock as any other = it charges the phone and launches a default app.

It doesn't provide all the capabilities that Moto Mods offers in general.

I personally don't plan to use the Android Auto app. I installed Car Dashboard instead. Not sure if I'm able to set it as default app tho. But if I'm not, I will program NFC tag to lauch that app, stick it to the Dock and when I attach the phone, the NFC tag launches Car Dashboard.

Options

6 Posts

01-02-2018

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2018-01-05, 22:43 PM

It seems there is an option to dissable the autolaunch of Android Auto (see screenshot), so that's one request ticked off my list, I guess.

I now have that turned off and I manually launch Waze.

I have submited a ticket with Waze and they confirmed they are "working to support Waze in the Android Auto app".

So, fingers crossed...

wrote:

From what I've read and understood, this Dock Moto Mod just essentially a plain dock as any other = it charges the phone and launches a default app.

It doesn't provide all the capabilities that Moto Mods offers in general.

The Incipio Car Dock is a fully featured Moto Mod:

• it can supply TurboPower charging current

• it can get analog audio out

• it is talking with the phone and identifies itself with UID and software version (see screenshot)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms