cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ComradeTortel
What's DOS?
Views: 200
Message 1 of 2

Issues with internet dropping out when I send a text mesage?

I have a Moto Z2 and when it connected to my router, it appears that it causes the internet at my home to drop for approximately 10 seconds.  I have a computer that is hardwired to my router and other devices through wifi.  When I send or receive a text message through my phone while on my home network, the internet bottoms out.

This problem seems really bizarre but I disconnected my phone from the network and the problems seem to get much better.  I don't have wifi calling on.  I have fooled around with the settings with no luck.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 159
Message 2 of 2

Re: Issues with internet dropping out when I send a text mesage?

@ComradeTortel wrote:

I have a Moto Z2 and when it connected to my router, it appears that it causes the internet at my home to drop for approximately 10 seconds.  I have a computer that is hardwired to my router and other devices through wifi.  When I send or receive a text message through my phone while on my home network, the internet bottoms out.

This problem seems really bizarre but I disconnected my phone from the network and the problems seem to get much better.  I don't have wifi calling on.  I have fooled around with the settings with no luck.

Hi ComradeTortel,

Thank you for reporting, we would like to take a look. May I know which 'Messaging app' you are using? What carrier you are on? Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

• Please capture a Bug Report as this will help us investigate this further. Here is how to capture the Bug Report;

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors