cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmccaff159
Not applicable
Views: 461
Message 1 of 4

MOD SOFTWARE IS NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED!!!

Upon the last update to andriod 8 a couple of weeks ago, my incipio wireless moto mod is not recognized by my moto z force. Thousands of other people are having the same problem as me after searching the issue on line. I called incipio and they have discontinued all moto mods and support for them but told me it is an issue with with the software update. 

I called motorola who at first told me to call goolgle but i insisted they look at the moto mods further as they issue the software for them which was finally agreeded upon. They have no way to request a software update.

I have done all the steps to reset and such, when mod is attached it show 100% (the mod is working fine) 2 seconds later it show 0% as it is not being recogninized by my phone.

It would be different if the mod was damaged and quit working.

At this moment I am into this MOD for$150, price of the mod and wireless charger.

Whats next my projector, my other battery mods, my speaker?

Please anyone who could help would be awesome. THIS IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE. I love my motoZ, but I need the equipment i puchased for it to keep working. Thanks John

Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 399
Message 2 of 4

Re: MOD SOFTWARE IS NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED!!!

Hi jmccaff159,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the steps you've taken. Could you please further explain the issues you're having with? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

jmccaff159
Not applicable
Views: 361
Message 3 of 4

ok i updated thanks
Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 341
Message 4 of 4

Hi jmccaff159,

Thanks for updating. It looks like there are some apps crashing. Have you tried testing the mod on safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support