07-24-2018

RU

10 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 211 of 434

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

2018-07-25, 8:51 AM

I've done Factory Data Reset without Automatic Restore and nothing really changed. I'm located in Russia and believe am out of warranty. What should I do? I really liked the phone before this battery issue...

Options

31 Posts

07-19-2018

CA

39 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 212 of 434

2018-07-27, 13:25 PM

Lenovo doesn't care and won't acknowledge there is an issue.  I completely gave up after being told that even when I accept their updates and I taking responsibility for whatever may happen to my phone.  What a waste of money for the phone and the MOD I bought.  I have now switched back to using a Samsung (forced to pay for an early upgrade because Lenovo doesn't care about customer service)

Options

1 Posts

07-28-2018

US

1 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 213 of 434

2018-07-28, 4:06 AM

I never had any battery issues with my Moto Z (purchased in July 2016) until I did the 7.1.1 update this past winter. It then got even worse when I updated to Oreo a few weeks ago. I am having all the same problems as other people.

If I leave the phone off the charger over night, it loses roughly 40% battery life. I lose 20% on my twenty-minute commute to work playing downloaded podcasts. If I use it to check email and a few social media apps, I generally lose about 60% in two hours. Oh and then the phone dies when the battery says it has 30ish% left. Today I used it until the phone turned off at 2%. I thought it was a miracle my phone (nearly) fully drained before shutting off. I then immediately put it on the charger and the battery said it was at 24%. ?

I am now CONSTANTLY charging my phone. I am the proud owner of a fancy landline. 

When will this problem be fixed? I know it's not just me who's having these issues. I wanted to stick with Motorola because the phone worked great and still does if you stay attached to a charger. I also have some mods I wanted to continue putting to use. If this isn't fixed soon I will have to get a new phone, and will be sure to never buy another Motorola.

Options

5 Posts

07-16-2018

GB

6 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 214 of 434

2018-07-28, 6:48 AM

Insurance won't fix the Moto z. But they are sending me an s7 edge to replace it with feel I've gotten an upgrade and I won't have to worry about disintegrating batteries anymore

Options

2018-07-29, 17:17 PM

Oreo update for Moto Z is completely a FAIL and is having an unknown bug which is causing a serious problem related to battery drain and malfunction.

Irony is that even after such a huge negative feedback, No official updates or announcements being broadcasted from Moto team accepting the vulnerabilities.

Extremely poor behavior. You (Moto) will lose all your customers very soon.

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2018

DE

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 216 of 434

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN Your suggestion is the easy way out for the producer

2018-08-21, 11:22 AM

this is rediculous!

What do I backup my device for??? To be able to restore it, right? Restoring it in this case means to restore the faulty software back again, Well would it help? Certainly not. So you just know I am a physician. For my therapy and scientific work I have as much as 143 apss and databases installed on my device. Not being able to restore that, means days of work. This is discusiting, it rearly is

Now there were big announcements on Android 8, we are delighted to introduce.................... Do my patients or even I have time for anything like that? Nobody does.

The alternative is, that updates like this one are tested intensively so major flaws like this are excluded. Moreover: Does anybody know the cause of the flaw after this procedure? Any relavant data will be eradicated. Oh, what how very fine that is. This time we don't collect data, we assure that it is sent to the nirvana.

No my friend it does not work like that. Delivering that faulty software is LENOVOS mistake and it is your task to find a way that this can be taken care of. Else my laywer will take care of You.

Having another device, this is put aaside till a solution will be found at your labor and expenidtures.

Options

31 Posts

07-19-2018

CA

39 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 217 of 434

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN Your suggestion is the easy way out for the producer

2018-08-21, 18:49 PM

wrote:

this is rediculous!

What do I backup my device for??? To be able to restore it, right? Restoring it in this case means to restore the faulty software back again, Well would it help? Certainly not. So you just know I am a physician. For my therapy and scientific work I have as much as 143 apss and databases installed on my device. Not being able to restore that, means days of work. This is discusiting, it rearly is

Now there were big announcements on Android 8, we are delighted to introduce.................... Do my patients or even I have time for anything like that? Nobody does.

The alternative is, that updates like this one are tested intensively so major flaws like this are excluded. Moreover: Does anybody know the cause of the flaw after this procedure? Any relavant data will be eradicated. Oh, what how very fine that is. This time we don't collect data, we assure that it is sent to the nirvana.

No my friend it does not work like that. Delivering that faulty software is LENOVOS mistake and it is your task to find a way that this can be taken care of. Else my laywer will take care of You.

Having another device, this is put aaside till a solution will be found at your labor and expenidtures.

They deserve a class action lawsuit over this and their refusal to acknowledge there is an issue.  They wash their hands of you when you are out of warranty....they want money to replace the battery that is clearly their issue.  And, when you read on here that people replace the battery, there are still issues with the replacement they are given.  Again, the update is the issue.  Lenovo is a joke and should be ashamed of themselves.  

Options

7 Posts

02-01-2018

BR

10 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 218 of 434

2018-08-21, 19:11 PM

There is aMoto  Z that has the problem of turning off even with a battery. At the time I had bought two and the two have the same problem. I already took the assistance (out of warranty), I have already changed the battery and nothing. In the video I show how to solve the problem definitively. 

youtu.be/5tgFxV0I94Y

Motorola Never Again!

Options

5 Posts

06-13-2018

US

10 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 219 of 434

2018-08-22, 0:52 AM

The two Moto Zs I bought my sons started this before the 8.0 update, but 8.0 did not help. I have submitted screenshots, started it in safe mode, and a variety of other "Motorola fixes." Even though I knew it was not the problem, I did a factory reset as recommended by both Motorola and Verizon (just so I could say I did), and without even logging into Google at all (so definitely none of those third-party apps they like to blame it on), it actually got worse. It is now so bad that you cannot unplug it at all. It is a mint condition, glorified wall phone with apps.

Thankfully, I purchased them on a great Black Friday deal so I only owed/owe $20 each. I finally paid off the one that is worse and ordered a Samsung S7 Edge. I will soon replace the other with a non-Motorola device and will never look back. Even with Verizon contacting them on my behalf, Motorola has been no help and still refuses to admit that there is an issue.

This was my first experience with Motorola and as soon as I am able to replace the second Moto Z, it will be my absolute last!

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2018

DE

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 220 of 434

2018-08-22, 6:42 AM
Sorry my friend I speak German and Englisch. Is there a chance you can do this in English
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete