07-16-2018

US

17 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 241 of 436

SOLVED! Suddenly shutting down | Moto Z Force | Erratic behavior

2018-09-16, 17:17 PM

SOLVED FINALLY!! (So I came back to share but BTW this took 2½ hours to write up so I sure hope it helps!!?)

I discovered (simple) SOLUTION to 'phone turning off with use of camera' on Moto Z Force XT1650 and likely most if not all phones. ((PLEASE NOTE: YES, closely following these simple and basic steps WILL keep your saved personal data intact))

Most Important Steps To Do First:

To start, for now:

»(temporarily)ENABLE ALL APPS! (Especially system apps)

»RESET APPLICATION SETTINGS & PERMISSIONS (TO SYSTEM DEFAULT)

»RESTART PHONE TWICE PRIOR TO attempting to take photo with camera to see if phone remains on.

The next few steps are only necessary IF the 3 steps above didn't work.

Continuing On:

»GRANT CAMERA PERMISSIONS TO ALL APPS BOTH SYSTEM APPS AND DOWNLOADED APPS!

Grant all permissions within SPECIAL PERMISSION ACCESS: Modify System, Display On Top Of Other Apps, Notification Access, Device Admin, and so on.

Grant BACKGROUND DATA to ALL System Apps.

Clear System Cache within Settings»Storage»Cache»Clear System Catch-OK.

STEP-BY-STEP DETAIL EXPLANATION:

1) Go into your SETTINGS,

then APPS & NOTIFICATIONS,

then APP INFO,

Choose ALL APPS in drop down menu,
then select the menu button which is in right upper corner of screen by pressing on the small vertical 3 dots in order to open up menu and select RESET APP PREFERENCES. And OKAY confirmation.

2) Restart phone twice and test camera.

If taking a picture is still forcing your phone to turn off then continue on with the next simple step(s)..

3) Go back to SETTINGS and APP PERMISSIONS, and for CAMERA PERMISSIONS, choose SHOW SYSTEM apps,

3) Then, for the time being, enable (turn on/approve) CAMERA permissions for every app possible to start with which all should be enabled already from previous step but just in case the previous step didn't work we are doing it manually.

[TIP for Later but only after your Camera & Phone issue has been resolved: FYI, you can/should eventually return to this menu to disable the camera permissions to most of your downloaded/installed/3rd party apps only (not disabling camera permissions to any system apps) <ideally by using the safest approach of disabling ONLY one app at a time while confirming you still have proper use of camera before disabling more app's camera permissions or any permissions for that matter> but make sure to keep the camera permissions enabled on each of the SYSTEM Apps from now on.]

4) Test phone by taking picture with camera.
Additional Steps I Used:
I also went thru the vast majority of all 344 installed apps (No typo here- my phone has nearly three-hundred and fifty apps installed thanks to formatting my 64GB sd card as Internal memory ultimately allowing me nearly 100GB of Internal Memory (96GB -(minus) system uses and the like ) starting off with every System app and 3rd party app that may be require the camera permission to function and I made sure the check box option for allowing BACKGROUND DATA was permitted for each of these approximately 50 related apps. Feel free to contact/ask for further explanation however, it appears I didn't leave much out and considering I can't do the work for you, I don't see what else I can do for you besides rephrase my instructions. Good luck and rather than waste energy on negativity, the best way to rid of a problem is by redirecting energy of our frustrations towards hammering out whatever is causing you stress by taking positive relentless action! So I've heard ???  ?

Options

5 Posts

09-17-2018

US

18 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 242 of 436

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

2018-09-17, 19:27 PM
Maybe a class action lawsuit will get their attention. Charge: A pre-planned degradation of the product to ensure purchasing a new one.
Options

1 Posts

09-18-2018

US

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 243 of 436

Moto Z battery issues

2018-09-18, 15:46 PM

I'm having some real battery issues with my moto Z. The battery drains extremely fast, like more than 1% a minute when I use it, and even very quickly when I don't use it. It also randomly shuts off at low percentages, sometimes as high as 50%, and when I try to switch it back on again, it either won't turn back on at all, or have like 1% battery left. However, if I plug it back in, it will usually have approximately the same battery % as when it switched off. Has anybody experienced similar issues, or got a solution for this?

Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing
Options

7 Posts

09-19-2018

US

7 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 244 of 436

2018-09-19, 16:03 PM

+1 with Azcommando here. 

I've had the same issues as everyone else since I updated to Oreo. Extreme battery drain. I have done everything suggested in this thread already... even Factory Resetting it. Have no apps installed at this point other than the bloatware that Verizon jams on this brick and still the same issue. 

I am a developer, so no need to let some transient Moto tech bum lie to me about how to go about fixing this issue. Was a long time Moto fan... Razr was the best phone ever... and guess what.... its still holds a charge and Its almost a decade old ;) LOL

Unfortunately I upgraded to this **bleep** Moto Z from a Turbo which was also a good phone. At this point I am going to fix the LCD on my old Turbo, chuck this POS in the drawer and say later to Moto once I decide to put down more $ on a new phone. 

This is what the current state of Lenovo / Moto is doing to their long time comsumers.... way to tarnish/destory the companies reputation !! Great Work.

Hey AZCommando... maybe we need to start a Facebook group to get this Class Action going?  

Options

31 Posts

07-19-2018

CA

39 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 245 of 436

2018-09-19, 16:08 PM

wrote:

+1 with Paper Tape here. 

I've had the same issues as everyone else since I updated to Oreo. Extreme battery drain. I have done everything suggested in this thread already... even Factory Resetting it. Have no apps installed at this point other than the bloatware that Verizon jams on this brick and still the same issue. 

I am a developer, so no need to let some transient Moto tech bum lie to me about how to go about fixing this issue. Was a long time Moto fan... Razr was the best phone ever... and guess what.... its still holds a charge and Its almost a decade old ;) LOL

Unfortunately I upgraded to this **bleep** Moto Z from a Turbo which was also good phone. At this point I am going to fix the LCD on my old Turbo, chuck this POS in the drawer and say buy to Moto once I decide to put down more $ on a new phone. 

This is what the current state of Lenovo / Moto is doing to their long time comsumers.... way to tarnish/destory the companies reputation !! Great Work.

Hey Paper... maybe we need to start a Facebook group to get this Class Action going?  

Someone else has also mentioned change.org.  Waiting for the link.  There are a few posts on here about this issue and it is beyond ridiculous at this point.  My Moto Z, is a landline at this point and I have been forced to get early upgrade from my carrier and fork out $260 to do so.  Back to good old Samsung.....who actually stands behind their product....and if an issue comes up....they actually acknowledge and resolve it!!  Imagine that Motorola/Lenovo!!

Options

7 Posts

09-19-2018

US

7 Signins

138 Page Views

• Message 246 of 436

2018-09-19, 16:16 PM

Dianmc62... I will keep an eye out for the petition and will gladly sign. I wouldnt mind starting a FB group to get everyone together so we can get a class action going. Sure the top brass at Lenovo would love the extra publicity ;)  At this point I am considering the small claims route just to annoy them. At the end of the day its $600, which is not all that terrible, its more about the lack of respect these bums are giving to their user base. 

Options

31 Posts

07-19-2018

CA

39 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 247 of 436

2018-09-19, 16:22 PM

wrote:

Dianmc62... I will keep an eye out for the petition and will gladly sign. I wouldnt mind starting a FB group to get everyone together so we can get a class action going. Sure the top brass at Lenovo would love the extra publicity ;)  At this point I am considering the small claims route just to annoy them. At the end of the day its $600, which is not all that terrible, its more about the lack of respect these bums are giving to their user base. 

And their b.s. scripted response is infuriating!!  Let us know on the Facebook Group.  

Options

7 Posts

09-19-2018

US

7 Signins

138 Page Views

• Message 248 of 436

2018-09-19, 16:29 PM

.....Ohhh the "Alexa/Siri esk" Tech support from Moto... yes brilliantly ignorant ;) I am going to wait to see if we can get more support for that, but wouldnt mind one bit setting up. Will monitor this thread for support. 

Options

44 Posts

08-22-2018

IN

99 Signins

663 Page Views

• Views: 663
  • Message 249 of 436

2018-09-20, 5:29 AM

Guyz,

One thing is for sure that each and every person from Moto/Lenovo has been given a thorough training to disguise and ignore the problem that millions of users are facing due to their B.S. updates.

Even the higher officials don't have enough time to check, what mess their entire team is doing...they are all sleeping...

I tried to connect them via Twitter but they are not interested in our problem and enjoying in launching new handsets...This is entirely a preplanned conspiracy..which they all are following...and completely ignoring the problems that we are facing due to their **removed** B.S. product and services...

We need to unite and teach them a lesson for ignoring customer problems and insulting the feelings of customers. Please let us know, the petition link, I will be in full support...

WORST EVER COMPANY, WORST EVER STAFF, WORST EVER MANAGEMENT AND WORST EVER SERVICES...

Twitter Handles::

==

@motorolaindia
@LenovoMobileIN
@Moto
@lenovo
@PrashanthMani10
@rachnalather
@ss9377700
@virginieonthego
@charlottewest

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Regards
AquaBlue05
Options

5 Posts

09-20-2018

CA

7 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 250 of 436

Re: Moto Z battery issues

2018-09-20, 16:57 PM

From other forum posts this appears to be a common problem going back before I even bought my phone in June of 2017.  How coincidental that the minute the warranty is up (1yr for  a $900 phone ?!?), these problems arise.  My phone is doing the exact same thing and none of the suggested fixes has worked.  Symptoms: heats up quickly, battery drains quickly but erratically, shuts off for no reason, battery % remaining seems meaningless as it shuts down whenever and, when I turn it back on, shows a % remaining that is higher or lower than before it shut down.  Very frustrating that Motorola has no fix for this.  I haven't even finished paying for the phone and now I have to pay to get this fixed?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms