cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Len-Zen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,471
Message 151 of 417

Yet another battery discharging phone (Moto z)

Hi. 
I can see that there are an enormous amount of post regarding the famus erratic battery discharge issue of moto Z, so i wont discribe the problem because you have possably read it 100 times already.

Scrolling through them all, they were all marked as solved. After reading hundred of comments with no solution, I am just writing here to ask if there is actually a real solution to this problem, other than:

- send it to repair (Tried to fix it by installing costum ROM)

- It's propably an app. (It is not)

- Reinstall or update original OS (Didn't work)

- install costum ROM or kernel (didn't work)

- Can you please provide information or an battery log, to confirm that there is actually a problem (Yes, the problem is the same as in all other post that have this exact same problem)

So to sum up. How to fix it? Do I have to just live with the fact that I bought a premium device from Lenovo, with a systematic production error and because I tried all suggested solution, thereby breaking warranty, I have to live with it?

With kind regards.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,468
Message 152 of 417

Re: Moto Z Battery Problems

Hi Ckw00,

As far as I know, the CQA test can only be accessed through codes. Are you dialing hidden codes from your phone? Try resetting the phone back to its default settings. Here's the link to the Factory Data Reset. Click Here

@Bung_Mike Please follow the same instruction given above. If you guys have important files that need to be back up please do so. Performing FDR will delete everything on the phone and will reset the phone back to its factory settings. Please backup your important files. One way is by moving your files to your SD card. Settings > Storage > Move Files to SD. 

If the issue persists I would suggest having the phone repaired. It could be a hardware related issue already.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 2,317
Message 153 of 417

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Posted in wrong thread. I am still on 7.1.1. - but can't figure out how to delete this post!

@arianits 
Lucia8
Paper Tape
Views: 2,296
Message 154 of 417

click on options should let you delete.

Highlighted
Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 2,292
Message 155 of 417

I only see Edit, no Delete. I've looked several times!

ErickCam1987
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,246
Message 156 of 417

I do not see this whole topic as solved !!!

Many people with same problems and topic marked as solved!?!?!?

For information: My phone too drains battery TOO fast and sometimes suddenly turns off (not closes, just black screen as no battery) near 40 ~ 50%.

I do not want do a battery recalibration as it needs factory resets (many apps like bank accounts configured), and data that I don't want loosing it.

I'm really disappointed. This is unacceptable!

See my phone prints:Screenshot_20180604-152952.png

Screenshot_20180604-141924.png

JImL118
What's DOS?
Views: 2,157
Message 157 of 417

I have just experienced this issue as well. Perfect timing on vacation. Only was able to take 3 photos while hiking. I had this happen to another motorola phone years ago ago and it was the Google Play Store App that went crazy. A hard reset fixed that one. This time there is no indication as to what is draining the battery just like everyone else. Sounds like a lot of people are having this issue so it must be something defective in the phone. Not sure why this thread is showing solved unless it means getting a new phone. I guess that is what I will need to do as well.

JayGatz25
Paper Tape
Views: 1,916
Message 158 of 417

I have this same problem with 2 devices. From a full charge, the battery drops below 50% within 5 minutes of being turned on. I am very frustrated with this problem especially since I am still paying for both of the phones for another 6 months.
ErickCam1987
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,921
Message 159 of 417

I'm thinking that's a known problem of Lenovo, inputed with latest OS versions to force customers to buy new devices, making olds slow and no battery life as we are experiencing. Like Apple was proved doing, and admitted. I'm running on Android Oreo (8.0.0). And this problem, I started notice after updating.

Someone else have same impression?

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 1,897
Message 160 of 417

@ErickCam1987 wrote:

I'm thinking that's a known problem of Lenovo, inputed with latest OS versions to force customers to buy new devices, making olds slow and no battery life as we are experiencing. Like Apple was proved doing, and admitted. I'm running on Android Oreo (8.0.0). And this problem, I started notice after updating.

Someone else have same impression?

It would appear that having read hundreds of posts about battery drain after updates (7.1.1 and 8.0.0), Moto/Lenovo continue to deny that the software is causing a problem, asking instead about installed apps. If people have the same apps on their phone as they had before the update, but the battery problem is occurring after, why would it be an app problem? 

Top Kudoed Authors