Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlicehatesApple
Paper Tape
Views: 7,925
Message 181 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Since I posted yesterday, the battery is not draining as it was. I have no idea if it was something I did or not. I restarted the phone a few times and do not remember changing any settings. Could it have corrected itself?

Antinyx
Paper Tape
Views: 7,918
Message 182 of 410

Don't know for sure.  Mine has been intermittent. But I didn't install Oreo. Doesn't happen every day.  Maybe good news from Verizon.  They told me yesterday not to install Oreo 8 and wait a couple weeks.  They are expecting a software patch.

AlicehatesApple
Paper Tape
Views: 7,915
Message 183 of 410

It seems to be better right now with Oreo than the last patch which was draining and heating up my phone. 

And it has gotten better in the last 24 hours. I couldn't even use my phone while it was charging at first.

Msilvia01
What's DOS?
Views: 7,660
Message 184 of 410

Re: Moto Z Extreme battery drain after Oreo update

This is a bunch of bologna ironically after I do the Oreo update I have a z2 play and a z2 force for work and personal and both are having battery drain way more than before .I use to get three days out of my force with the battery mod now I'm lucky to get a day fix it now

Mommy45
What's DOS?
Views: 7,629
Message 185 of 410

I have been experiencing major battery drain as well for the last 3 months. At first, I was able to survive by using the Mophie Moto Mod battery pack. For the last few weeks though, I need the battery pack and a portable charger to keep my phone going during the day. If the portable charger is not attached, my phone will randomly short out and turn off. No matter what the battery level was when it shorted out, the battery goes to 0%.  At that point, the only way to turn it back on is to start charging it.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,611
Message 186 of 410

Hi Everyone,

I understand that we would all like to get this resolve. We highly recommend doing a Factory Data Reset without Automatic Restore. After that, do a Battery Calibration. Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds until it forces a reboot > Plug into the charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after charging the phone.

After performing all those steps. Please observe the phone the whole day without installing any third-party apps, until we notice any improvement. It's better to set up as new. 

Note: If you have important files please make sure to back them up before doing the reset to make sure you won't lose any files. 

After doing all the steps correctly and the persists, it's better to have your phones checked by our technicians so they can repair it. Let me know if you need a help on how to send the phone for repair. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Karidaluv
What's DOS?
Views: 7,537
Message 187 of 410

Mine is still crashing after cache clear and recovery mode. 

strycz
Paper Tape
Views: 7,123
Message 188 of 410

Ok, I'm figured I should write that because I didn't find any reliable solution on this forum or anywhere else.

I found the solution to battery drain in Moto Z.

Mine was draining whole battery in about 20 minutes with GPS turned on. About 2-3 hours without GPS ( with screen turned off).

After updating to Oreo I noticed that no battery calibration or safe mode worked.

Actually if you update to Oreo you can observe that after charging to 100% and rebooting your device the battery always goes down (to 55% in my case).

I wrote that down as a reason for repair and sent it to Lenovo/Motorola repair center. Not even 1 week later I got my phone back repaired (with new battery I assume). Battery life is like new (up to 2 days in standby if I'm not using my phone very often).

So don't panic - just send it to repair center. Hope that helps someone.

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 7,076
Message 189 of 410

@strycz wrote:

Ok, I'm figured I should write that because I didn't find any reliable solution on this forum or anywhere else.

I found the solution to battery drain in Moto Z.

Mine was draining whole battery in about 20 minutes with GPS turned on. About 2-3 hours without GPS ( with screen turned off).

After updating to Oreo I noticed that no battery calibration or safe mode worked.

Actually if you update to Oreo you can observe that after charging to 100% and rebooting your device the battery always goes down (to 55% in my case).

I wrote that down as a reason for repair and sent it to Lenovo/Motorola repair center. Not even 1 week later I got my phone back repaired (with new battery I assume). Battery life is like new (up to 2 days in standby if I'm not using my phone very often).

So don't panic - just send it to repair center. Hope that helps someone.

How old is your phone? Were you still under warranty?

strycz
Paper Tape
Views: 7,028
Message 190 of 410

Yes, my phone was still under warranty.

Problems started after about 7 months in. After 3 more months of back and forth exchange with support generic advices like "go to safe-mode"/"factory reset your phone" I decided to send it to them.

I went to chat with support and they checked if my phone is still eligible for repair (based on IMEI number). Then they've sent me a link to repair center page to generate my repair ticket.