Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azcommando
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,785
Message 241 of 404

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Maybe a class action lawsuit will get their attention. Charge: A pre-planned degradation of the product to ensure purchasing a new one.
rohitlopes
What's DOS?
Views: 1,658
Message 242 of 404

Moto Z battery issues

I'm having some real battery issues with my moto Z. The battery drains extremely fast, like more than 1% a minute when I use it, and even very quickly when I don't use it. It also randomly shuts off at low percentages, sometimes as high as 50%, and when I try to switch it back on again, it either won't turn back on at all, or have like 1% battery left. However, if I plug it back in, it will usually have approximately the same battery % as when it switched off. Has anybody experienced similar issues, or got a solution for this?

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,702
Message 243 of 404

@OhioKevin4 wrote:

+1 with Paper Tape here. 

I've had the same issues as everyone else since I updated to Oreo. Extreme battery drain. I have done everything suggested in this thread already... even Factory Resetting it. Have no apps installed at this point other than the bloatware that Verizon jams on this brick and still the same issue. 

I am a developer, so no need to let some transient Moto tech bum lie to me about how to go about fixing this issue. Was a long time Moto fan... Razr was the best phone ever... and guess what.... its still holds a charge and Its almost a decade old Smiley Wink LOL

Unfortunately I upgraded to this **bleep** Moto Z from a Turbo which was also good phone. At this point I am going to fix the LCD on my old Turbo, chuck this POS in the drawer and say buy to Moto once I decide to put down more $ on a new phone. 

This is what the current state of Lenovo / Moto is doing to their long time comsumers.... way to tarnish/destory the companies reputation !! Great Work.

Hey Paper... maybe we need to start a Facebook group to get this Class Action going?  

Someone else has also mentioned change.org.  Waiting for the link.  There are a few posts on here about this issue and it is beyond ridiculous at this point.  My Moto Z, is a landline at this point and I have been forced to get early upgrade from my carrier and fork out $260 to do so.  Back to good old Samsung.....who actually stands behind their product....and if an issue comes up....they actually acknowledge and resolve it!!  Imagine that Motorola/Lenovo!!

Highlighted
OhioKevin4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,708
Message 244 of 404

Dianmc62... I will keep an eye out for the petition and will gladly sign. I wouldnt mind starting a FB group to get everyone together so we can get a class action going. Sure the top brass at Lenovo would love the extra publicity Smiley Wink  At this point I am considering the small claims route just to annoy them. At the end of the day its $600, which is not all that terrible, its more about the lack of respect these bums are giving to their user base. 

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,704
Message 245 of 404

@OhioKevin4 wrote:

Dianmc62... I will keep an eye out for the petition and will gladly sign. I wouldnt mind starting a FB group to get everyone together so we can get a class action going. Sure the top brass at Lenovo would love the extra publicity Smiley Wink  At this point I am considering the small claims route just to annoy them. At the end of the day its $600, which is not all that terrible, its more about the lack of respect these bums are giving to their user base. 

And their b.s. scripted response is infuriating!!  Let us know on the Facebook Group.  

OhioKevin4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,702
Message 246 of 404

.....Ohhh the "Alexa/Siri esk" Tech support from Moto... yes brilliantly ignorant Smiley Wink I am going to wait to see if we can get more support for that, but wouldnt mind one bit setting up. Will monitor this thread for support. 

AquaBlue05
SCSI Port
Views: 1,633
Message 247 of 404

Guyz,

One thing is for sure that each and every person from Moto/Lenovo has been given a thorough training to disguise and ignore the problem that millions of users are facing due to their B.S. updates.

Even the higher officials don't have enough time to check, what mess their entire team is doing...they are all sleeping...

I tried to connect them via Twitter but they are not interested in our problem and enjoying in launching new handsets...This is entirely a preplanned conspiracy..which they all are following...and completely ignoring the problems that we are facing due to their **removed** B.S. product and services...

We need to unite and teach them a lesson for ignoring customer problems and insulting the feelings of customers. Please let us know, the petition link, I will be in full support...

WORST EVER COMPANY, WORST EVER STAFF, WORST EVER MANAGEMENT AND WORST EVER SERVICES...

Twitter Handles::

==

@motorolaindia
@LenovoMobileIN
@Moto
@lenovo
@PrashanthMani10
@rachnalather
@ss9377700
@virginieonthego
@charlottewest

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Regards
AquaBlue05
Majudy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,598
Message 248 of 404

Re: Moto Z battery issues

From other forum posts this appears to be a common problem going back before I even bought my phone in June of 2017.  How coincidental that the minute the warranty is up (1yr for  a $900 phone ?!?), these problems arise.  My phone is doing the exact same thing and none of the suggested fixes has worked.  Symptoms: heats up quickly, battery drains quickly but erratically, shuts off for no reason, battery % remaining seems meaningless as it shuts down whenever and, when I turn it back on, shows a % remaining that is higher or lower than before it shut down.  Very frustrating that Motorola has no fix for this.  I haven't even finished paying for the phone and now I have to pay to get this fixed?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,596
Message 249 of 404

Re: Moto Z battery issues

Hi Everyone,

Please follow the suggested troubleshooting steps provided on this thread (See Solution). If the issue persisted after doing all the troubleshooting steps until factory data reset without restoring any third-party apps. Then it could be a hardware issue that can be addressed through a repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

OhioKevin4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,585
Message 250 of 404

There have been many users on this thread and other threads that have sent their phones in for hardware "repairs" .... sometimes the issue was solved and sometimes even with the new hardware the issue persisted..... Mmmm funny how that works.  

There is an obvious OS issue and compatability with Oreo/Google and Moto Z and other Moto devices. It could or could not be purposefully or just the shear ignorance of the developers/IT who are unable to solve the bug.... way too much time has elapsed so I am not sure about the latter statment, unless y'all are paying your dev's in peanuts and popcorn.    

After a factory reset and turning off all the background data for all apps, including system apps, i have doubled the battery life but the OS/System is still the #1 user of battery and using WAY too many resounces. 

I have moved to tinkering with some developers options so see if I can further improve battery beyond.

If all esle fails... I will have to dowload and revert back Nouget for 4 more months Smiley Happy 

Once the device is paid off... Hello Andriod One (and NOT on a Moto phone) 

Top Kudoed Authors