Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arianits
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,249
Message 1 of 407

MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Just recently I purchased another Moto Z (this time in black color) after being very satisfied with the first one. Compared to the previous, this one has an issue with battery drain, lasting no more than 8 hours without sim card inserted, any apps installed and just in standby. When checking battery consumption history, Cellular network signal and Awake are always on, thus draining the battery in background. Now, I have tried many things, like: full factory reset, clear cache, run in safe mode, airplane mode and none of these changes anything. Even the latest update 7.1.1 did not change anything. Is there anything that can be done to save this beautiful phone, so I can finally use it?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 20,138
Message 2 of 407

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

@arianits wrote:

Just recently I purchased another Moto Z (this time in black color) after being very satisfied with the first one. Compared to the previous, this one has an issue with battery drain, lasting no more than 8 hours without sim card inserted, any apps installed and just in standby. When checking battery consumption history, Cellular network signal and Awake are always on, thus draining the battery in background. Now, I have tried many things, like: full factory reset, clear cache, run in safe mode, airplane mode and none of these changes anything. Even the latest update 7.1.1 did not change anything. Is there anything that can be done to save this beautiful phone, so I can finally use it?

Please supply BOTH battery graphs after charging phone to 100% and draining to about 50% - settings - battery - screen shot, tap on graph at top, and screen shot second graph.

Provide stats after a reset and before installing or restoring any applications. If you have no SIM then run in airplane mode. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
sh3ndricks
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,211
Message 3 of 407

I have the exact issue but I am still at 7.0. I have tried clearing cache and a factory reset as new. My awake time is solid and never sleeps when the phone is not used.

arianits
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,985
Message 4 of 407

Here are all the requested screenshots with both airplane mode on and off, always without sim card or any app installed.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 19,980
Message 5 of 407

@arianits wrote:

Here are all the requested screenshots with both airplane mode on and off, always without sim card or any app installed.

Well, your phone is not in airplane mode as the signal line is always on, but there is something keeping your phone awake the entire time  the screen is off. 

It seems unlikely this is after a reset without any apps installed or restored. If so, then someone else needs to look at it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 19,977
Message 6 of 407

@AlphaDog wrote:

@arianits wrote:

Well, your phone is not in airplane mode as the signal line is always on, but there is something keeping your phone awake the entire time  the screen is off. 

It seems unlikely this is after a reset without any apps installed or restored. If so, then someone else needs to look at it. 

Did you ever reset or did you just uninstall apps? The battery graph shows 25 hours total time even with phone awake, no sime card, and cellular signal active - so that is not bad. But the awake line should be off if the phone screen is off - most of the time. 

arianits
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,969
Message 7 of 407

Screenshot_20170802-150604.png

Screenshot_20170802-150618.png

Screenshot_20170802-150623.png

Screenshot_20170802-232512.png

Screenshot_20170802-150607.png

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 19,966
Message 8 of 407

SInce you say you have reset, I will see if someone can look at why your phone is awake. 

Is your IMEI correct in your profile? Can Motorola have permission to look?

arianits
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,968
Message 9 of 407

Full reset following no app installation, no sim card inserted and nothing configurator (not even Google account). The issue is with the phone staying awake all the time in the background and it is also getting a bit warm. This has remained the same in every situation: before/ after reset, with/without airplane mode, in safe mode and so on! 

arianits
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,963
Message 10 of 407

Yes, IMEI is correct. Of course, you can have a look. 

Top Kudoed Authors