Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTrid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,878
Message 91 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes and also please share us the screenshot of the same. 

Looking at your battery status -- looks like you still have 13 hours left and altogether 20 hours of back up expected on standby.

Meanwhile, Please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Added screenshot in safe mode. At 66% battery I switched to safe mode and left the phone completely idle for the night. Note the steep battery drain, not changing at all with safe mode. As I mentioned before, I enabled Moto privacy options and you have permission to check things out.

Screenshot_20180427-104945.pngScreenshot_20180427-105016.pngScreenshot_20180427-104928.png

Double-G
Punch Card
Views: 8,889
Message 92 of 410

I observed the same: 5% battery drain per hour after installing oreo when the screen is turned off.

After 2-3 days the situation improved and the loss reduced to 2,1%/hour (screen off), while about 18-19% when the screen is on.

NightcoreRaven
HDMI
Views: 8,847
Message 93 of 410

@MTrid wrote:

@NightcoreRaven wrote:

@MTrid

If I got the numbers you just showed in your screenshot I'd be one happy man. What did you use to get then? 

What bothers me is the power drain on standby. Now it loses around 5% per hour, which means 40% battery gone just for being on during the night. It used to lose just a few % in a night before the update. I suspect it never goes to some kind of low power mode, still burns power like it's in use.

In fact, the power drain doesn't change that dramatically when it's in use with the screen on. I think the active time would still be the same as before, it just dies faster in standby.

I realize it's not the nightmare of people having 20 minutes battery life, but still it got worse with no reason, I assume because of the Oreo update. I got this phone + battery mod to have a nice brick with humongous battery life, now I have something that just gets through the day like most other phones, but is a brick Smiley Very Happy

I understand. I just had to go through the asame exact expeirnece. My phone drained about 80% over 4 hours from me barely touching it every now and then to check notifcations. That's ridiculous. So it looks like me getting excited for Oreo is a waste of my time too. That sucks. 

Sarah41
Punch Card
Views: 8,817
Message 94 of 410

I am pleased to report my phone seems to have rectified the fault as I certainly havent done anything to resolve the issue. Battery life is back to what it was for no apparent reason.

Technology eh.

Cheers all.

tiellover
Punch Card
Views: 8,681
Message 95 of 410

People have been posting on multiple threads that their battery life is no better after getting the batteries replaced.  Just so you know.

Double-G
Punch Card
Views: 8,678
Message 96 of 410

I had the app "car2go" go crazy after the oreo upgrade - had to disable it.

Two days after the oreo upgrade the battery drain during screen off reduced to 3% per hour (according to accu battery).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,680
Message 97 of 410

@Sarah41 wrote:

I am pleased to report my phone seems to have rectified the fault as I certainly havent done anything to resolve the issue. Battery life is back to what it was for no apparent reason.

Technology eh.

Cheers all.

We appreciate your observation and feedback. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

BoIlIv
SCSI Port
Views: 8,677
Message 98 of 410

mine as well - bought a new phone and NOT moto!
BoIlIv
SCSI Port
Views: 8,675
Message 99 of 410

How did it happen? A miracle maybe Smiley Happy
rajatchaple
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,657
Message 100 of 410

Moto Z Extreme battery drain after Oreo update

I updated my Moto z to Android Oreo(Security patch 1st March ) 2-3 weeks back.

Oreo update was supposed bring improved battery performance. However battery performance has worse since the update. It gives 8 to 10 hours back up, which was 20-24 hours on 7.1.1

Attached is the screenshot showing battery drain in standby. This used to be 3-4% earlier. I have also set all apps for optimized battery use. 

As suggested on one of the on forum, I tried by Wipe cache partition. It did not help.

Is this known issue. Is there any solution or any update planned for this one

Top Kudoed Authors