Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucia8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,179
Message 141 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Easy solution mine is up for sale whomever wants it. 

I bought a new one 

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,164
Message 142 of 410

So for trusting in a solid version 8.0 Orea Upgrade--- You had to buy a new phone. Great. What a disaster. I upgraded to Oreo 8.0 and the phone will only charge when it is off. and the battery drains extremely fast. now got to chose between the phone $500 or new tires for the car~$600

Lucia8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,088
Message 143 of 410

Mine didn't have the Oreo upgrade yet. I blame Lenovo, Motorola and Verizon.

Dang thing burned my hand.

That's not how phones work.

They need to get their act together.

Lucia8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,086
Message 144 of 410

And the phone that I replaced it with I own out right I've never done that before always a payment plan because I already have a payment plan I wasn't getting another one . Come two years, when I'm supposed to upgrade like they say upgrade every 2, I'm not.

The phones I have now are with me until I die. Don't care if they have massive batteydrain or not because at least I know now how they both behave

The Motorola, I Never knew and this is the first and the last time I'll own a Motorola, if only they would have made the turbo or turbo ii expandable I would have still have it probably,but my luck sucks

alysse
Paper Tape
Views: 1,071
Message 145 of 410

Hi all, When I first upgraded to Oreo, I pretty much had the same problem as most of you have stated, that is, extremly short (1 hour or so in standby for me) battery lifetime that was wholly inconsitant with the Moto Z's behaviour before the Oreo upgrade. I suffered with it for some amount of days and started noticing slight improvements in usable time. But I think what really fixed it in the end was uninstalling what looked like an unused app that was hogging all the power. It was an app that I had not used for months, Live Nation.

With Live Nation removed, I am once again a very happy Moto Z owner with power to spare into the next day with normal usage. 

I might think that most of you have looked at app power usage, but if not, please have a look, for myself, it was well worth it with no skin off of my back.

But before you chuck out that phone, if all else fails, why not try a hard reset after you have backed up your phone that is. Might well be worth a try. I really would hate to give up another phone due to OS incompatiblites with hardware. Been there too many times with others. 

Good luck!

Allan

Lucia8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 146 of 410

Been there done that. No live Nation app here.

Phone chuckes

Bung_Mike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,104
Message 147 of 410

Moto Z Battery Problems

Hello,

Can somebody help me on my problem ?

I've been using Moto Z for almost a year, now.

The problem that I am facing is :

If I charge my phone while it was turn off after for about 1 hour or 2, The display said it was 100 % charged. But after that, if I turn it on, the display said it less that 100, could be 90% something.

Could someone tell me what should I do ? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,072
Message 148 of 410

Re: Moto Z Battery Problems

Hi Bung_Mike,

Sorry to know about that. Are you using the original charger of the phone? Let's calibrate the battery of your phone, do the way how you charge the phone and keep it charging for 1-2 more hours after reaching 100%. Then turn on the phone again. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Ckw00
Paper Tape
Views: 1,065
Message 149 of 410

I had this battery problem with my Moto Z a couple months ago. Since there is no longer warranty on the phone, I paid over $300CAD to replace the port, the battery and the screen. I was told with this model, they have to break the screen in order to take the battery out.

The phone seemed fine for about a month or so, then the CQAtest message popped up and my phone is not charging. I had to forcestop this app many times to get my phone to charge. But this CQAtest kept popping up. Then, finally, the phone battery is drained completely as it will not charge anymore.

I took it to the store today and repair person said it was a software problem. They cleared the cache, reboot, and the phone started charging. They are not familiar with this CQAtest app.  But when I got home, the CQAtest popped up and the phone won't charge. I tried clearing the cache, disabled the CQAtest app, reboot, but cannot get it to charge.

I am extremely disappointed at Motorola. Although I like the features of MotoZ, I will have to give up on this phone because the charging problem cannot be resolved. I definitely will not recommend Motorola to any friends.😱

Bung_Mike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,044
Message 150 of 410

Hi Agent _Rich,

Thank you for prompt reply. I followed your instructions, and this is what happened.

During the phone off condition, it is said that my phone is 100 % charged. When I turn it on, it is only 25 % 😥😥😥

Top Kudoed Authors