Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneralPatton
What's DOS?
Views: 1,139
Message 161 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

I too am experiencing the EXTREME battery drain problem.  I'd like to see an actual solution.  I've read the hundred or so posts and see nothing definitive.  The only person who got any good response was the one whose phone just miraculously started working.  I've been stranded at a subway stop and the airport now with a dead phone so to me this is a SAFETY issue.  What is the solution???

dkman23
Paper Tape
Views: 1,101
Message 162 of 410

I started uninstalling apps to try to trouble shoot the problem app if in fact that's the problem, I never had an issue and the phone is new, when I updated the operating system is when all this started and I'm starting to feel as if this is just bad sofware reading(s) as my battery truly isn't drained.

snowangel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,082
Message 163 of 410

Re: Moto Z Battery Problems

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Ckw00,

As far as I know, the CQA test can only be accessed through codes. Are you dialing hidden codes from your phone? Try resetting the phone back to its default settings. Here's the link to the Factory Data Reset. Click Here

@Bung_Mike Please follow the same instruction given above. If you guys have important files that need to be back up please do so. Performing FDR will delete everything on the phone and will reset the phone back to its factory settings. Please backup your important files. One way is by moving your files to your SD card. Settings > Storage > Move Files to SD. 

If the issue persists I would suggest having the phone repaired. It could be a hardware related issue already.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Rich from Mororola Support

Since dozens of people in the forum have tried the factory reset and it has not helped, perhaps you could take our problem seriously? 

This is not an app. 

This is not something we did to be funny. 

This is something that happened with the 8.0.0 update.

Now if Motorola wants to keep a reputation as a reliable company, we will need you to actually look into the problem. Suggesting things that amount to "did you turn it off and back on" is getting old. YES. WE. DID.  And it does nothing. So please take this to a developer who understands that an OS can affect battery life (since in a previous post you claim is cannot) and find us some help. 

Yes I sound frustrated, I spent 1000 on a bloody phone and your "support" staff have offered no help for something that makes the phone close to useless......how would you feel ?

Antinyx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,076
Message 164 of 410

What is a CQA test and hidden phone numbers?
dkman23
Paper Tape
Views: 1,074
Message 165 of 410

God bless you!

MotoZ_battery
Paper Tape
Views: 1,046
Message 166 of 410

To say this issue has been resolved is disrespectful at best. 

First off, thank you to all of you who have posted regarding the same battery issues I am having with my Moto Z.  I was glad that I was not the only one experiencing this issue as well as the lack of ownership from Lenovo regarding the problem that many of us are experiencing.  

I received the Oreo update this morning on my Z with hopes that it would fix the issue.  Took the 20 minutes or so to download and install the update with hopes that it would correct the problem.

NO.....the update did nothing to address the battery drain, random shutdown issue.  Within 30 minutes, phone shut down with 48% battery life.

I called motorola for the fourth time explaining the issue again and how the software update did nothing to fix the problems.  I was basically told that because my phone is past the manufacturer warranty, I would be asked to pay 150$.  Or if I actually wanted to receive my new phone first before sending in this defective one, I would have to pay an additional 25$ fee plus have a 400$ hold placed on my credit card until they received my device.  

I was on the phone with them for over an hour asking them to do two things:  1) accept the fact that there is a software/hardware issue on these phones that has fried my battery and 2) to replace my phone free of charge or to replace the battery free of charge.  

I have been placed on hold multiple times and as soon as I express my frustration to the customer service agent, I am placed on an extended hold to speak with someone else.  

Has anyone been able to figure out how to resolve this?  I just find it interesting that these issues began after many Z owners just came out of the warranty period and that Motorola wants me to pay them an additional 150$ for a phone issue that is not user caused.  Seems like they are ignoring the issue and using it to make money off of their customers for a second time.  Any suggestions?

MotoZ_battery
Paper Tape
Views: 1,045
Message 167 of 410

Finally finished my conversation and was told that in order to get this issue to upper management, the agent was going to have to send an email. I will now have to wait 24-48 hours for an email response from Motorola.
ErickCam1987
Blue Screen Again
Views: 993
Message 168 of 410

Please, keep us in track of this email. We are all interested.

Brazil has no good reputation on client services about warranty and I'm afraid to spend more money after 10 months of use on a new device. But if I do, it will not be a Lenovo/Motorola, because this type of client service.

eurosteve
Punch Card
Views: 986
Message 169 of 410

I have this problem as well.  I posted many times and I went back and forth with the Moto folks in this forum.  I'm on my SECOND Moto Z Droid and the problem reoccurred with the replacement from Verizon.  I finally GAVE UP!  I'm still paying for the phone with Verizon since I bought it under one of their new disguised contracts - in which they offer the phone at a reduced price but they give you the reduction in the form of a monthly subsidy on your bill.  I got tired of worrying about the state of the battery and the ever-present fear that the phone would crap out at any moment.  I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9+.  It was very pricey BUT IT WORKS (!) and the battery life is incredible!  This is a phone I'm likely to have for a while.   As much as I have liked Motorola phones, this is the last one I will own.  This phone is defective (hardware? software? Who knows?  Who cares?)  (LG is also off my list since they had a manufacturing defect in their G4 that they carried over to their LG V10.)  Why would I want to deal with a company that won't openly acknowledge if they have a defective phone?  I try to have a life that does not revolve around getting my smart phone to work!  

Antinyx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,248
Message 170 of 410

The delema for me is that I often go to marginal cell areas and the Motorola has the best antennas and gets the best reception in those areas. My wife's older Samsung and sisters i-phone do terrible by contrast. And chance Samsung has made improvements?
Top Kudoed Authors