Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottInVegas
Punch Card
Views: 2,964
Message 21 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

That's because you refuse to comment in the most popular thread on this whole board. 

Stop playing games!

natemail
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,851
Message 22 of 410

Bluetooth, Battery Issues Moto Z droid This is my last Motorola phone!

A little while back I had horrible issues with Bluetooth.  In order to make it connect I would need to reboot the phone and connect to the device or my vehicle.  I think a past update improved the issue and I was only forced to restart on occasion to connect to a bluetooth device.  Yesterday (12/1/17) I recived a new OTA update and the issue returend.  This is completely unacceptable!  I cant even just use an aux port because It dosent have a 3.5 port.

Explain to me how a phone that forces you to use bluetooth for headphones and any other audio connections can from update to update have horrible bluetooth issues.  I'll answer my own question.  Lenovo has no Quality Assurance and has destroyed the Motorola name.

My battery issues I've posted about contunue to persist.  On occasion I will be at 30% and my phone just goes black, on other occasions I will be at 3% and the phone will shut off.  I will plug it in and as the screen lights up it sats something like 48%.

On the forum people are talking about how to recalibrate and drain it plug it in etc..  I have had some success with tricking the phone into being right, but PLEASE REALIZE ALONG WITH ME, that a $700 phone should not have these issues!

I have owned multiple motorola devices including the droid, droid razr, max... I made a departure to LG for a few years then returned for the droid Z.  This will be without question my absolute last motorola (Lenovo) phone.

This phone is not of the quality of other phones on the market for the price.  I will encourage anyone who asks that they do not purchase a Motorola/Lenovo device.  If you are a diehard MOTO fan, take a year and move to LG, or Samsung and you will never go back to Moto.  

Paritosh23
What's DOS?
Views: 2,742
Message 23 of 410

Battery draining very quickly

Hello, 

I have updated information related to IMEI so you can check it yourself. 

My phone discharges very quickly, I have uninstalled a lot of apps but with no benefit whatsoever. Please share how to solve this problem.

Chirag204
Paper Tape
Views: 2,527
Message 24 of 410

Re: Battery draining very quickly

I too have same problem. I am facing fast battery drain as well as sudden switch off at around 40%.
MiaEla15
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,470
Message 25 of 410

Hi everyone! For about a month i am facing the same battery draining issue only worse Smiley Happy the average life span of a fully charged battery is of less than 2 hours. Usually when it is under 70% it shuts down suddenly. I try to turn it on again and shows battery empty. I put it to charge and starts charging from when it turned off 50-60%.

I tried FDR, uninstalled apps, safe mode... Nothing works. Now it is already at 60% after unplugging 40min ago. What else can I try?

Thanks! 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,468
Message 26 of 410

@MiaEla15 wrote:

Hi everyone! For about a month i am facing the same battery draining issue only worse Smiley Happy the average life span of a fully charged battery is of less than 2 hours. Usually when it is under 70% it shuts down suddenly. I try to turn it on again and shows battery empty. I put it to charge and starts charging from when it turned off 50-60%.

I tried FDR, uninstalled apps, safe mode... Nothing works. Now it is already at 60% after unplugging 40min ago. What else can I try?

Thanks! 

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Chirag204
Paper Tape
Views: 2,401
Message 27 of 410

In just 6 days after reporting the problem on this forum, I am re-iterating that problem not only persist but becoming worst. Now, battery dries out at around 56% instead of ~40% earlier.

Please suggest the solution.

ciaoMoto
Core Memory
Views: 2,360
Message 28 of 410

It's gradually getting worse on my device, too. I'm sending it in for the third time in seven months next week. Really getting tired of this device. 

Uthra
Paper Tape
Views: 2,261
Message 29 of 410

I'm also facing same issue in my Moto z phone

Capecoral
Paper Tape
Views: 2,113
Message 30 of 410

I also have this problem. No matter what technician at Verizon did, nothing works, and of course you built your phone so the battery could not be changed. I walk around with a portable charger attached to my phone like a life support. I have 10 months left to pay on this phone. I find this totally unacceptable. Verizon tells me to send in to a refurbished replacement ( ugh) or but a new one. Both involve a significant cost to me. You should stand by your product and do the right thing and replace my phone. I know when my contract is up in 10 months I WILL NOT BE GETTING A MOTOROLA PHONE and will broadcast to all my contacts what happened to me.
Top Kudoed Authors